001

WC | 2008
Ollie sat in a circle with her small friend group, it was a Friday, but not just any Friday.

On special occasions, the group would meet up at Ollie's house for a sleepover. The group were in classic emo attire, hair in fringes, black clothes adorned them and Ollie's room was matching almost perfectly; walls white but covered with various bands posters. It was the perfect set-up.

"Okay! Okay, since Summer's a wussy," Ollie's friend paused to put emphasis on the insult, "Ollie, I dare you to go to the abandoned house."

Ollie shook her head. "What? No way! I didn't even get the choice to pick truth!" She defended.

"You always pick truth though," another friend butted in, the rest of the girls nodded in agreement and Ollie began wondering if these friends were hiding any other judgments of her. But reluctantly, she agreed.

"Alright, fine! But if I get haunted by a ghost or murdered by some homeless dude, you're all to blame!" She said as she stood, slipping on her converse and making her way out the house.

The rest of her house was normal, homey, wood and stone hints complimenting navy blues and cream whites. Her little sister's room was a graceful white theme, canopy bed, and light pink pillows, hints of pink scattered. It seemed Ollie's was the only one to have such an odd taste in style.

"Hey honey," her mom greeted as Ollie entered the kitchen.

"Hi" was all Ollie got out as she quickly grabbed a water bottle and raced out the door. She would have stayed for conversation but then the question of where she was going would come up quicker than wanted.

She began making the trek to the building, music blasting in her ears from her headphones connected to her pink iPod nano. She wasn't too fond of the color but it matched a few of her many bracelets.

Once she got to the abandoned building she saw a tall fence and groaned. "I wasn't prepared for wall climbing," she said to herself and began trying to climb the wall in converse, her shoes slid against the metal, not gripping it at all. "God damnit" she mumbled. She supposed she could see this as a plus, if she can't climb it she wouldn't have to go in it.

Awsten watched the girl from afar, not caring for the argument his friends were having about who should go in the haunted building. If it was up to him he would turn the car around and stay home with his cat.

"Jawn you go! You always back out..."

What his friend, Travis, said slowly faded as he made his way down the dirt hill, towards said girl. He hadn't realized at first until it hit him that he was mere feet away from her, she was still trying to make it over the fence but there was no chance she was making it over by herself.

'Why couldn't she just push it open?' Awsten thought as he watched. He shrugged to himself.

"Need help?"

Ollie jumped, spinning to see who it came from, she was met with a fairly cute boy. He was wearing a tie-dye shirt and had many bracelets on.

"Uh yeah, I need to get over the stupid fence," Ollie said, flinging her fringe to the side. All the moving had kicked it in front of her eyes.

"Here, let me spot you," Awsten said and got on one knee beside her, hands out ready to push her foot up.

Ollie stepped on his hands and gripped the top of the fence. Awsten pushed her foot up as she jumped, successfully pushing her over the fence, she struggled a bit, getting her shirt uncaught from the metal. Once she was over, she looked up. Awsten was now with a few boys, pushing the fence open... It was a gate all along.