I

DISCLAIMER: 

As of 6th May 2023, this book has been wholly proofread, save for those lines with comments.

As we all know, comments are half the fun of Wattpad, and I didn't want to take that away from everyone, so please pardon the horrible grammatical errors and even somewhat cringy lines that you are going to come across.

Should anyone want to jump straight to the hottest sex scenes of the series (hahaha, my own opinion!), feel free to head to Chapter 5 onward.

-

A/N: You've been waiting for this. Here it comes!

———

"Baby."

The door pushed open, and what followed was the rapid clicking of heels and dress shoes.

"If you don't want to do this, you can just say so!"

My eyes widened. I might be the only person in the room, but the fact that I could hear my own breathing should have made my very large presence known.

"Who said I didn't want to? Will you just calm down for a second?" Ian sighed, completely ignoring where I was sitting as I shook my foot over one knee.

This is awkward, I thought. Sure, we were close enough that I'd practically seen the man naked, but that didn't mean I was all right to intrude on a couple's quarrel, especially not on their wedding day.

Vanessa plopped herself down at the vanity table, slamming it with her palm once as if to emphasize how unhappy she was. Not that it wasn't obvious enough; her expression was an exact replica of Grumpy, the Dwarf.

"Uh oh. Trouble in paradise?" I spoke up, wanting to lighten the mood.

"Oh, just shut up," Ian grumbled, refusing to even look at me. Instead, he crouched at his bride's feet to beg for forgiveness.

"Tell me why you're mad, baby. I can't understand if you don't tell me."

"Why I'm mad?" Vanessa scoffed in disbelief. "Why I'm mad?!" Her sharp glare shot at me through the mirror in an instant. "Tell him why I'm mad, Norman! You tell him!"

I stared back blankly, white flags waving in my head. How the heck am I supposed to know why?

But having known the woman long enough—three years, to be precise—I knew I wouldn't have to answer it. She had the habit of answering her own question all the damn time.

"You couldn't have possibly shown any more disinterest in this entire wedding!" She shook her head, breathing exaggeratedly.

"You're kidding, right? I asked you to marry me!" Ian began to raise his voice slightly.

Man, should I really be listening to this?

I switched feet and shook the other one over my knee. Intriguing, yet terrifying.

"Exactly!" She smacked the table again. "What other things have you done other than that? Nothing! I asked you for opinions—Oh! Whatever you want! I asked you if you wanted to change anything—Nah! As long as you're happy! I asked you if we should have a rehearsal—Nope! It'll be perfect!"

"And?" The man sounded defeated.

"Does it look perfect to you?!" She all but blew up.

Ian sucked in a deep breath, banging his forehead against Vanessa's knee three times. I had to stifle a laugh at that. If I wasn't certain I would absolutely be unfriended, I would've recorded this masterpiece for history's sake. This was an once-in-a-lifetime moment, absolutely not to be missed.