Trying to Forget

The next morning, Delgado clearly hadn't gotten much sleep due to the thought of falling in love weighing so heavily on his mind. As a result, he (obviously) didn't have nearly as much energy as usual. Not even a bowl of breakfast kibble was enough to completely restore his usual "zippin', zoomin', zig-zaggin' zest." He really didn't eat that much of it, though, 'cause he only had one thing on his mind: I've got to do something about this crush!

  For almost the rest of the morning, Delgado was rapidly pacing back and forth. Ugh! Why can't I just get yesterday out of my head? It's like I've been hypnotized or something! Wait. Hypnotized. Dante. That's it!

  With that, Delgado immediately started dashing all around the house (and the backyard a few times) in search of his drama-goth brother, until he finally found Dante in the latter's room (after crashing right into him). As both boys were getting back up, Delgado rapidly said to Dante, "Sorry about that, Dante, but I really need your help. You've gotta hypnotize something outta my memory!"

  "Amnesia-inducing hypnosis, huh?" Dante responded, "I can arrange that. What is it that you want to forget?"

  "Uuuuhhhhhhh..." Delgado didn't want to tell Dante about what was going on, because he thought it was too embarrassing. "S-Something?"

  "Well, what is it?" Dante asked again, leaning down towards his wheelchair-bound little brother, "I won't know what to erase from your memory if you don't tell me."

  "Look, it doesn't matter! Let's just do the hypnosis already, okay?" Delgado flusteredly lashed out, to which Dante simply replied, "Okay then, but don't say I didn't warn you."

  The goth pup reached a paw behind behind his purple-spotted ear and pulled out a pendulum. It was deep purple with a scarlet swirl, and it was held by an indigo chain. He approached his handicapped little brother, started swinging the pendulum in front of his face, and said, "Just keep your eyes focused on this."

  It appeared to be working. Delgado's eyes seemed fixated on following the pendulum's swaying movements. Then Dante continued, "When I snap my paw, you will forget... SOMETHING! ...Something...something...something..."

  "Something..." Delgado repeated in a dazed tone. Then Dante held his one free forepaw up to his handicapped sibling's face and snapped, freeing Delgado from the trance. "So how do you feel?"

  To check if the hypnosis worked, Delgado tried to think back on meeting Rosalind. However, the whole event was still crystal-clear in his mind. "Hey, what gives, Dante? The hypnosis didn't work!" 

  He immediately started storming off in a huff, and as he was heading down the stairs, he jumped up to the banister and started sliding down, only for to Dylan (who'd been vacuuming near the stairs at the time) to promptly grab the little wheelchaired pup by the collar, set him down, and say, "Delgado, what have I told you about sliding down the banisters? Just use the lift instead."

  "There's a lift in this house?" Delgado asked with genuine bewilderment, and Dylan simply looked at him for a second before shouting, "DANTE!"

  "Hey, it's not my fault!" Dante protested down towards Dylan as he approached the stairs, "He wouldn't tell me what he wanted to forget!" Then he glanced over at Delgado and added, "Told you so."