Chapter 3: Spending time with Bella

~Outside with Jacob and Edward.
Jacob's POV~

I paced back and forth with my fists balled up so tightly my knuckles turned white. I guess it wasn't enough for Cullen to take Bella away from everyone. Now he was actually going to kill her. Not even to mention Abby was on their side. He's taken everyone I love away from me!

"I always knew you'd destroy her." I snapped as I looked at him with fire and venom in my voice. I wanted so badly to rip his head from his shoulders. To be done with this all.

"Carlise thinks he can change her at the last minute. Like he did for me and Esme." He explained. As much as I hated the idea of her becoming one of them I was left with no other choice. I didn't want her to die.

"Can he do it?" I asked hopefully. "The probability is...... slight. And if her heart fails...." He didn't finish her sentence. My throat began to burn like I was going to cry when he spoke again.

"Jacob look I need you to do something for me. Really more for Bella than me. You have a connection with her that I'll never understand. Maybe you could talk to her. Change her mind. Keep her alive." He begged me.

I looked at him with fear now more than I ever did before. "And what if I can't? What is your brilliant idea then?" I asked him. There was probably no chance in hell she'd listen to me.

"Then if she dies you'll get what you've always wanted. To kill me.."

~Back inside with Bella. Jake's POV~

I chuckled slightly as I saw Ephraim asleep on Bella's chest. "How did you manage to put him to sleep so easily?" I asked as I sit across from them.

"It's my natural motherly instincts I guess." She smiled at me. I bit my lip slightly. "Yeah... But what have you done with my bride to be?" I asked not seeing Abby anywhere. I was trying to drag out this talk as long as I possibly could.

"Oh she's with Esme. They are trying to make me something I can actually keep down." She explained. "So Edward sent you in here to talk to me hmm?" She asked cutting right to the chase.

I sighed and nodded. "Although I don't know why he thinks you'll listen to me. It's not like you ever have in the past." I pointed out with a slight chuckle.

Bella shakes her head slightly. "Let me ask you something. When you found out Abby was pregnant. What was your reaction?" She asked me as she rubbed his back gently.

"Well I was scared. I didn't think I was ready to be a father. Then when I felt him kick for the first time.... My whole outlook changed. It's like rasing a child to me didn't seen so scary after all."

She smiled at me. "That's what I want. A little bundle of joy of my own. To watch him grow up. A little piece of myself and Edward." She explained. I scoffed slightly when she called it a him.

"So it's a bouncing baby boy? Sorry I didn't know. I would have brought some blue balloons." I snarkily said. "It's just a guess. When I picture him I see a boy. We'll see soon." She said rubbing her belly.

"But that's just it Bella. You won't." I said. "I can do this Jake. I'm strong enough to do this." She insisted. I shake my head. "No your not! You can tell that crap to your bloodsucker but you can't fool me! You can't fool me at all. It's a killer!" I snapped.

"Your wrong." Was all she said. I grabbed my jacket. "Just think about this. When you die. What was the point of any of this? Me loving you you loving him? How was this good for anyone?" I asked. I tried one more time. I begged her.

"Please don't do this Bella. Live! You claim you love Ephraim so much. Live so you can see him grow up." I begged her on the verge of tears. Bella put her hand on my cheek like a mother would her crying child.

"Jake. Everything is going to be fine." She promised. I shake my head and go to leave ignoring her pleading for me to stay. I didn't know where I was going. I didn't even tell Abby I was going. I kicked the side of the car so hard it broke the window.

I phased into my wolf form and ran deep into the woods trying my best to ignore the voices that flooded my head.

~Abby's POV~

I was helping Esme make a little light snack for Bella. She had explained to me she couldn't hardly keep anything down. But somehow we had to try to get something in her.

"How old is he?" She asked me about Ephraim. I smiled. "He's 3 months." I said making her smile so much I could see her pearly white teeth. "He is so sweet. Thank you for bringing him. I think it's lightened up all of our spirits." She said

"Of course. I guess it's just me being a new mother but I don't think I could handle being away from him when he's this little. It sounds silly I know." I said with a chuckle.

"No it's not silly at all." She assured me. "Thank you. You know I bet you get this all the time but you remind me of my mom. Sweet and caring. But not afraid to bust ass when you need to." I grinned.

She laughed. "Oh dear I haven't had to bust any ass in a long time." She assured me. "Yeah but you still could if you needed to." I grinned bumping her hip with mine gently.

I sit Bella's snack on a tray for Rose to take to her. "You know. Your not that bad. For a dog." She said. It was hard to tell if she was being nice or not. I bit my lip.

"Yeah let's just clear the air. You call me or Jacob a dog again and I'll rip that pretty blonde hair from that head." I growled taking the tray to Bella myself as Rose stood there bumfounded at what I had just said.

I wasnt here to play her petty games. I was here for Bella. I was here for the baby that grew inside her. So the dumb shit ends here.