Part 2

Liked by Cindersandashes
Liked by Captain_Thorne
Liked by ScarletRed
Liked by 108 others
Captain_Thorne commented- You look gorgeous!❤️
Winter02 commented- Wow where did you guys go? Also you guys look so cute!!!!💕💕💕👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨
         Captain_Thorne replied- I took her to a restaurant called Jakes. (It's a steakhouse) and of course we look adorable...
         Crescentmoon12 replied-☺️
SybilMira commented- Aw! That's the same place he took me on our first date too! and our second, and our third and so on and so on! But you look so cute!
       Iko_is_queen replied- you don't need to say things like that!!
*********************
                                           Iko
Did you see what she
Commented?!?
                                           Yes I did, just leave. It I don't
                                            want to start  drama
Ok...

*******************
Cress tried to never let his past relationships bother her, but they always found a way to push themselves into her insecurities.

When he kisses her, is that how he kissed Sybil?
When he holds her, is that ho he did it with the girls before?

She thought that when they started dating that his past with Sybil wouldn't continue, but here she was, wondering about everything they did together.

She shook her head trying to rid herself of all these thoughts and looked back down at her book.

"You have bewitched me heart and soul."

These relationships in books were always so cute, and did not face real world problems. They always seemed so simple. Cress couldn't really complain though, her relationship with Thorne was pretty amazing and had very few problems.

A knock pulled Cress from her train of thought. She looked up just as her dad came in her room with a letter in hand.

"This is for you." He smiled as he handed it to her.
"Pride and Prejudice? Do you maybe want to try another Jane Austen book sometime?"

"I've read Emma before, I just like this one the most." She shrugged as she took the letter.

"Alright, don't read too late, m'kay?" He said as he kissed her head.

"Okay." She said as she read the name on the letter.

No way. She hoped it got lost in the mail.

Someone not mentioned before was one she hoped never got theirs. Everyone else either confronted her or it got sent back, but never would she imagine getting a written response back.

Dear Cress,
I was so pleased to see that you had a crush on me, since well, I did to. It is amazing that as a sixth grader you wrote this to me. Even now as a junior I can't begin to express how amazing it would be to able to write with such majesty that you do. I am saddened to only receive this letter now, but I hope those feelings are still somewhere in your heart, because mine are.
                                                        Yours truly,
                                                               Arol Dean Warren

She looked down at the letter in shock, she had to write him back. SHe had to.

Cress jumped from her bed to her desk and grabbed a stack of papers and her ball point pen, the one that she only uses for letters.

Dear Arol Dean,

Thank you for writing back to me. I remember wanting to kiss you

"Gah!" Cress pulled at her hair, wishing she didn't cut it sophmore year. Wishing she still had her long hair to wrap around her wrists. "Ok Cress, you got this. Its just a letter. Not a love letter, you're with Thorne." SHe gave herself this pep talk before grabbing another piece of paper.

Don't talk to me, I have a boyfriend.

                                         Sincerely,

                                                 Cressent Moon Darnel

Cress read over it a few times before crumbling it up and throwing it behind her. The process happened over and over again until she gave up a grunt. She slipped from her chair and laid on the floor.

"Are you questioning your relationship because of me?" Cress turned to look at Arol, she imagined him as a seventeen year old. Cropped dark brown hair, golden eyes with flecks of brown, probably taller than her. Definitely taller than her.

"No, I just... don't know what to say to you." She rubbed her eyes, trying to clear her head of any fantasies of him.

"What are you doing?" June stood over Cress.

"Nothing." Cress sat up collecting all the papers scattered around her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cress unlocked her locker and grabbed her U.S. History textbook. Before she could turn around, she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist and place their chin on her head.

"Hi." Thorne said softly as he moved his head to kiss her temple.

"Hello." Cress turned around to wrap her arms around his neck.

"How was your weekend?" He asked as he took her hand and pulled her down the hall.

"Good," Cress let out a little laugh. "you never ask how my weekend is. I always tell you- oh." Cress stopped in the middle of the hall. "We were supposed to face time last night. I'm so sorry. I-"

"Hey, it's fine. But are you ok, you never forget." Thorne looked down at her. 

"Yeah, I just..." She wanted to tell him about Arol, but she also didn't. She didn't know how he would react. "I just ended up reading most of the night. Why didn't you call me?"

"I did." Thorne gestured to her phone. She opened it, and sure enough she had two unread messages from.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what was up with me." Cress gave a small smile.

"All is forgiven, and all will be forgotten if you let me treat you to a meal at Mikey's Cafe after my Lacrosse practice at 4:30."

"Deal." Cress leaned up to give him a kiss.

The bell rang just as her lips touched his.

"Ugh, school is ruining precious moments like this for us." Thorne groaned.

"Bye." Cress said softly as she gave him a quick peck on the lips."

A/N

This was so long overdue and I am so sorry.  I couldn't come up with a name for who is now Arol Dean. But in case you are wondering my thought process, I was thinking something like Eugene but like I kinda didn't like the idea. So I thought I would use one of the names from the other guys I used for the letters in the first chapter, but they were pretty much just random names just for some context. But I chose Arol because he was a shell from Cress' story in Stars Above. and I chose Dean because I was thinking of using Jason Dean, but then I realized that that is JD from Heathers. So Cress and Veronica may be alike because they both shot off their boyfriends fingers, but for different reasons. So yeah, now that i don't have to worry about a name, for now, chapters should come faster. I also have no school because of a snow day (there is no snow, and we will probably have another snow day tomorrow, and my school is getting shut down in less than 72 hours due to coronavirus) So um... Quarantine time!