Chapter 38

Suit Up
Kayline McKenzie

        It's been about five days ago was when they last heard from the Queen. She had given Noah, Chris, and Kay some more resources and they were able to give her a list of materials, alias backstories, and some more information that the Queen.

" Hey, Kayline, I've got your weapons ready." Randy said. The Queen was also able to generously give them their best weapons designer and engineer and Randy is only 14. He's a desk agent so he is a little scrawny and pale, but cute nevertheless. Randy was taken out of his proper age placement and placed into advanced scientific engineering. Quantum electronics and nanoengineering. Best of his class so far.

Kayline tried to take the class when she was little, but her superiors decided that rather than having her sticking samples onto microscope slide glass, Kayline was better at kicking peoples- yeah.

Kayline follows Randy to the basement. Rather than the one she had in her house, Tracy actually did something with it. The floor was lined with a plush currant red carpet. The walls have 90's abstract wallpapers, or Kayline guesses it's kind of carpet, too. The basement also has a dining table, which is now covered in weapons, a couple of vintage chairs and an old box tv.

Kayline imagines Noah decorating this place as his man cave. Kayline honestly couldn't tell if Tracy designed it or Noah. Or, maybe it was Bob, Noah's dad. Kayline alternates her attention to the weapons on the table.

" Okay," Randy starts. His voice vocals go up and down, cracking up. It's funny, but Kayline also thinks it's adorable.

    " We have your regular weapons set out for you. Browning knives and your new Kimber Micro 9mm. However, I've made an adjustment to the weapons." Ooh, Kayline's favorite sentence ever muttered. She absolutely loves updates. Randy brings out some ugly brown wrist cuffs. As Kayline takes the cuffs from Randy scrawny, white hands, Kayline notices the intricate sewing lines on the inside. The bright blue contrast to the muddy brown. Kayline feels the delicate, blue material, but it feels like its metal. The metal shine follows her finger as she moves it up and down.

" What's this purpose? No offense, but I'm not wearing this in public. I don't know what this is, and nobody else does." Randy rolls his eyes so far up, that all Kayline can see is white. Randy takes the cuff and puts it on her wrist. It fits perfectly, probably because he already has taken all of their measurements from the Dark Moon data. Kayline can't wait till she sees her costume, too.

Kayline doesn't know how the Queen, managed to get them all of these supplies under the radar. Especially with what's going on, Kayline doesn't understand why the Boss hasn't come to collect Chris and Kayline and bring them back to the academy for preparations. Let's just pray that by the time that the academy does come here, they will be long gone.

Randy finishes putting the wrist cuff both on her wrist. He hands Kayline the knife, but before he does, he presses a small button on the hilt of the knife. It reflects blue and then it's back to its original color.

" Okay now, throw it." Randy tells me. Kayline arches her eyebrows. Kayline doesn't want to ruin anything in Tracy's basement, luckily Randy brings out a small sandbag. He sits down on the table and backs away. Seriously, this guy is a Boy Scout. Why does he have a sandbag? Kayline thinks to herself.

With a shrug of Kayline's shoulders, she throws her knife, landing it in the dead center of the sandbag. Kayline smirks, but then she sees the knife wiggle around. The knife turns blue again and it heads straight towards Kayline again.