pinky promises // kyle kuzma

in which two childhood best friends can't hold back their feelings for one another any longer

-

"HELLO? You good, ma? I saw your story from last night and I know that shit ain't about me right?"

"Oh shut the fuck up Trey. You know what you did."

"I didn't do nothing! I already explained to you baby! She was lying, I didn't touch her! Take your story down, it's causing stupid-ass drama. The boys are fucking grilling me now cuz they believe that shit!"

"I'm not dumb, Trey. I saw the video with my own damn eyes. No way in hell I'm gonna take that down just because some niggas are yelling at you. I can't even believe you, saying you love me and shit then going out to make out with some thot the next day."

"Come on baby, don't be like that (Y/N). She was literally nothing. I'm coming over, we gon' work things out."

"Don't bother. I'm not home."

"(Y/N)! Hey, come o-"

     (Y/N) sighs as she hangs up and throws her phone in the backseat. She adjusts her mirror and quickly wipes away the few mascara trails running down her cheeks before pulling out of her driveway. She felt so stupid for not seeing all the red flags in her relationship. Trey had been cheating during the whole time she dated him. (Y/N) just didn't want to admit it. People had even told her to watch out but she defended him every time.

   She was too easy.

     Always ending up in toxic relationships.

     (Y/N) scoffs as she turns around the last block and stopping, taking a deep breath as she realizes where she had arrived. The one location that remained imprinted in her head as her safe place.

     She hoped he was home.

     Stepping out of her car, she gathers her few belongings and walks towards his front door. Three knocks, 12 seconds until the door swings open.

     "(Y/N)?" His deep, groggy morning voice rang through her ears. "Hey, what's wrong?"

She doesn't reply as the overwhelming thoughts came running back through her head. Kyle realizes that she was having a moment and pulls her inside the house. He leads her to the living room wraps her up in a fluffy blanket, letting the girl spill her emotions out. He walks back into the kitchen, grabbing a few snacks and placing them on the coffee table before kneeling down in front of her.