Let Lolly Go

° LML °

Louise/Lolly

As we arrive to the venue, I am still calming myself with deep breaths. My hand still in Sebastian's grasp.

"Lolly, I want you to behave tonight. It's one thing you defying me within the confides of our home but tonight, at this place, I expect good behaviour from you," he finally pockets his phone, "there are dangerous people attending tonight."

I don't look at him and face forward.

"Like yourself." I snarkily snap at him, annoyed by his lack of sympathy.

He gives me a crooked smile as the most beautiful mansion creeps into view from the window. I smooth my powder blue dress and finger my hair, feeling stressed and fidgety.

"You're so beautiful," he kisses my head, "please behave tonight."

I continue to look out of the window enthralled by the spectacular light displays casting a ray of colour along the front of the Vascaley's mansion, trying to ease my tension.

As we come to a stop, I patiently await for my door to be opened. Basic etiquette 101 I guess and wait for Sebastian to take my arm. He wraps his arm around my waist pulling me to him trying to help ease my discomfort.

As we are greeted, I recognise a sea of faces, both from being associated with Bash, many of his work colleagues and family.

"Ahhhhh, look at my son and his beautiful fiancé! What time do you call this though?!" A man the exact replica of Sebastian but mature in age exclaimed as he grabbed me into a tight embrace.

Sebastian Vascaley the Third. A brilliant but ruthless man, wanted in many countries but yet manages to evade any type of restrictions the judicial system may put on him. Many would say he's an entrepreneur, charismatic, a family man, who cares about his multiple businesses and the thriving success of his children.... I would call him a conniving, manipulative prick. He's the reason for many innocent deaths and dabbles in the likes of trafficking. Right now he's grooming Bash, after the death of his eldest son, to take over his legacy or should we say tyranny.

"Papà, é Bello verderi," Bash embraces his father. "Sorry for being late."

"Can't say I'm surprised but we need to snap out of that, capire?" He smacks him on the back before turning to me.

"And the lovely Louisa. How are you m'sweet? I haven't seen you at our family dinners of late." He snidely grins.

"Papà, don't we're in company. Another time." Bash intrudes, directing the conversation back to him.

"Okay, but we will talk about this. You are taking over my legacy, you need a good, strong wife behind you. These silly games and running off... Well, it's just not acceptable and not model behaviour am I clear?"

I hate him. He never fails to patronise me.

My body tenses and Bash feels a change in me but quickly distinguishes the fire I feel inside with a quick but painful squeeze of my hand.

"Crystal." I smile at him ensuring all teeth are showing.

His expression is priceless as I see how taken back he is by my satirical remark. He then starts grinning and nods to Bash before excusing himself.

Bash turns to me.

"I love y-"

"Whatever," I interject, sick and tired of him and his whole family. I untangle myself from him. "I'm going to the bathroom, if I'm allowed to pee now or do you need to come with me and wipe as well?"

"Lolly..."

I walk off through the foyer.

I've been here before, it's not my first time attending a rendezvous such as this. It's the 'luxury' lifestyle that comes along with Bash.

As I walk along the hallway, I feel slender arms wrap around my neck.

"I'm chocking!"

"Shhhhh! It's only me." I turn to only be engulfed from the front this time and I'm met by a small but elegant woman. Elizabeth Vascaley.

She's uncontrollable, basically bouncing with excitement as her forest green eyes take me in.

"Well, shit I'm not happy you're here but I'm glad to see you!" She squeals.

Elizabeth, aka Liza, the youngest daughter to the Vascaley's and my only type of sanity in the place, I suppose she's my best friend, since we're both prisoners and unable to create connections to those in the 'real world'. She's literally the princess you read about in fairytales; beautiful, rich, nice but she never needed a prince to save her and she's always tried to prove that to her short-sighted, bigot of a father. I guess, that's what I like about her the most.

Her brunette tresses were pinned into a regal updo and her mermaid dress simply sublime in emerald, elongating her small figure.

"Well, I guess, I could say the same to you," I reply.

She smiles at me and pulls me to the vacant drawing room shutting the door firmly behind her.

"So... he found you then."

"No shit. Cause of course I would run straight back into hell."

She holds her hands up and elegantly slides into a chair. "Relax, I'm on your side remember."

"Sorry. I'm just frustrated.... frustrated at your dad, him a- and... and myself. I really thought he wouldn't find me this time, I'm so stupid. I'm never getting out of this," I cupped my face in despair and started to cry.

"Heyy. Don't do that, I know Bash, is probably already looking for you and I don't want him to go crazy if he sees you upset." She rubs my back as I control my sobs to sniffles.

She plucks a tissue from the table and starts dabbing under my eye.

"And you look way too fire right now. I just wanted to see how you were doing, despite how you're feeling, I did miss you and having some common sense around here," she smiles gently.

I try to give her a smile back, "Thank you, I missed you too. You're right we better get going before I get publicly embarrassed again."

And as I made to stand, the door barges open with a disgruntled Sebastian frowning slightly at his sister.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the main hall?" His eyebrow raised.

"Nice to see you too." She turns to me, "I'll catch up with you later," before hugging me and scurrying past Bash but not without sending him a quick warning glare.

"Sweetheart, this isn't the toilet. This is why I don't trust you to go places by yourself, you always end up wandering too far... or end up missing" he says side eyeing me as he enters the room.

"Bash. Do. Not-" I calm myself, "do not patronise me. Your sister pulled me- actually, that's not even the poin-"

"I know! I know..." he interrupts, "but you know why I say that," he pulls me to him and captures my lips in a heated kiss. He grasps my ass pulling me closer and pulls away to whisper into my ear.

"I don't want to lose you and I'm not letting you go." He sighs. "No more bathroom breaks or little excursions for you, my sweet lolly, at least not until I can trust in your judgement not to run away again, sì?"

Before I can reply he starts to lead me out toward the festivities ensuring his arm is circled around me like a lovers embrace or to a trained eye, a shackle to his side.

° LML °

:0