Old Scars

Will was dressed in his armor at the moment. With Quasar strapped to his back. It had been an interesting last few days to say the least.

Lapis still wanted to shatter Pearl. Which wasn't all that hard to understand why. Both he and Quasar were still a bit pissed.

"How could she just let him fall like that." Quasar said inside his helmet.

Will was currently using the Hermes elevator. The atmosphere slowly getting less bright as they reached space.

"Why aren't you still mad at her?!" Quasar asked him.

Will flicked his eyes to the AI's avatar that was on his visor. "Because, I know what it's like to lose control. While at may not be the same as what I went through. The same principle still applies."

Quasar's AI raised an eyebrow. "When have you lost control?" He asked.

"Gold Team." Was the only thing he said to the AI. But that's all Quasar needed to hear. He didn't know the full story. But he heard the aftermath reports.

One Spartan singlehandedly destroying several Covenant Corvettes and a destroyer. The green flaming wreckage was visible for several miles around. Several Marines thought they saw a small green star destroying an entire Covenant army before it turned to the ships.

Will put on some light music to drown out his thoughts. Quasar didn't bother to town anymore. He knew when the Spartan didn't want to talk.

Honestly he hadn't seen will like this in years. The Crystal gems and Steven had actually made him more human. But, it's like the last few days had almost made him revert back to the emotionless Spartan state. It honestly started to worry him. But they weren't up here to dwell on that. They were here to see the christianing of the Indianapolis class cruiser. A new ship of their design that was a replacement for the Halcyon class.

The eyelevator came to a stop and the airlock doors on the personnel size elevator to open. The thick airlock doors opened to the white and orange colored walls.

Quasar lit the path up on his visor. He walked down the Titanium hallways. He purposely let the thunk it his heavy armored boots on the hallway. There were a few crew that stared at the 7 foot supersoldier as he walked by.

Unlike ODST's of the main UNSC. They didn't look at him with malice and fear. But with awe. He would've been glad if he were in the mindset to care at the moment. He simply kept walking through the station. A few tried to town to him which he ignored. His golden visor not conveying any emotion of the man beneath.

There were large transparent Aluminum windows along one of the corridors that he could get a good view out into space.

But he didn't bother to look. He simply kept going toward the hangar. There was many people that stared at him when he approached the hangar. But he again didn't bother to town to them and he kept going. Quasar had already given his clearance as Admiral and he went past the security enterance to the large hangar.

The AI had already cleared the use of a Pelican to be used. So he passed by several civilian ships as well as a Corvette that took up a large amount of space.

He finally reached a Pelican that was ready to go and he walked up the ramp. The blast door closing behind him. He kept walking through the dropship and made his way to the small cockpit.

He sat down in the pilots chair and primed the fusion reactor. The reactor quickly roared to life and provided power to the ship and engines. As soon as they were to operational levels he lifted off from the hangar and took off toward the vacuum of space. The feeling of passing the oxygen barrier barely even registered with him.