Ep. 4

Prologue

For six years they accompanied Geralt and Jaskier on their random, but fruitful journeys. Faiza never explained her reasons for being there. Never knew how. Lucky for her, Geralt never asked. Jaskier and Roz spend a majority of their time waiting on the two witcher's as they take down the monsters they're contracted out to handle. Consistent talks of the ways of a bard.

The three of them sit in a tavern awaiting Geralt's return. Faiza able to sit this one out. Listening to a man as he recounts the tale of "The White Wolf versus the Selkimore". Faiza sits amused and impressed at the fact that she can See it all as it transpires.

FOUR

Faiza and Roz sit in the back corner of the tavern as Jaskier takes notes.

"Uhm...and then what happened?"

"He died," the man responds solemnly.

"Eh. He's fine." Faiza laughs at Jaskier's apathy and complete disregard of the dramatic end of the White Wolf.

"What's so funny?" Roz asks.

"He's right."

"Well, which one? The storyteller or the bard?" Faiza looks towards the door as Geralt kicks it open, covered in selkimore intestine. Faiza sits her face on her hand as she can smell irritation, disgust, and...guts emanating from him while everyone serenades. Including Roz with a great deal of vigor, of course. Geralt heads straight to the bar, Jaskier right behind. They have their quick conversation and Geralt walks out. Jaskier comes over to the table and sits next to Roz.

"So, ladies. Geralt and I have some business to tend to this evening. Maybe more pleasure than business actually. I would invite you both, but I do believe that I can only bring one person."

"I'm not interested in banquets anyway," Faiza responds. Jaskier turns to look at Roz and points in Faiza's direction.

"How did she..." Roz shakes her head to get him to move on. Jaskier looks at both women and hurries off after Geralt. Faiza laughs.

"It wasn't my Sight, he yelled "food, women, and wine" loud enough for everyone to hear."

Faiza drinks down the ale and looks at all the patrons that are still looking to the man with the story.

"So, have you figured out what you're doing now that you've found him, then?" Faiza furrows her brows and shrugs. "You've had no plan?" Faiza gulps down the rest of her drink and raises her hand for another.

"At least we get better service now." Roz tilts her head as she notices her obvious avoidance of the question. Faiza looks back in her direction and matches her stare. She lets out a heavy sigh and changes the subject entirely, "Well, since we weren't invited to the Cintran banquet, where do you think you'd want to go?" Roz searches her thoughts for an answer.

"It really would have been nice to go. I mean I haven't worn a gown...ever. Mingle with the proper types and everything." Faiza awaits her answer. "I don't know. It's too many options for me. Meeting Queen Calanthe would have been ideal." Faiza gets a rush and bumps raise on her forearms. The feeling causes her to close her eyes and the face of the young girl that Geralt contended with in Blaviken comes to mind.

"Queen Calanthe of Cintra, she's just won her first battle at Hochebuz." Faiza regains herself.

"Another vision?" Faiza doesn't respond. "Well, where to, then?"

Faiza and Roz ride towards Hochebuz. She sees a woman walking away holding black armor in between her thumb and index finger in one hand and her nose with the other.