saber

„Where are you going?", Ander looked at me confused when we had left Polo's house and I walked into another direction than he did.

„Guzman", I replied as if it was clear that I would do that, „We have to tell him and Nano and Samu and the police."

„Em", he laid his hands on my upper arms, „I'm angry, too. I promise you that we're going to tell them but we have to give him the chance to do it himself. I know it's not fair but we should go home for now."

I knew that he was right but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Polo was the one who was there for me all the time. How could he do that? How was he able to kill someone? And then he lied to us for months? I couldn't believe that I thought Polo was so different from what he pretended to be.

„Come on, stay with me tonight. I know I haven't treated you the way that you deserve to be treated but I promise we're going to go through this together", Ander whispered against my hairs so I nodded lightly, „Together, Em."

„We're late", I muttered when Ander tried to cuddle with me in the morning.

Him and I went to school earlier to meet Polo and make him talk to Guzman. I thought that I was  extremely angry but Ander seemed to be even more aggressive, he pushed Polo as soon as he stood in front of us.

„Polo, you damn selfish idiot! How could you tell us? What do you want? That we're keeping your secret, huh? Polo, we can't."

„Don't scare me now, Ander", he just stuttered which made me aggressive, too.

Ander scared him? How should we feel next to him? Safe? He's a damn liar and murderer.

„We can't act like nothing has happened", I said quietly trying not to cry, „We can't look Guzman in the eyes anymore. You've ruined his life. And not only his. We trusted you, too. Polo, you were our damn best friend. How can you act like nothing has happened? You're going to tell him."

„No, no."

„You've got twenty-four hours. If you don't tell him, we will", Ander agreed with me.

„Ander! Em!"

„Samu talked to me", Ander stopped me before our lesson started with a serious look, „We've had a conversation."

„What about? What did you say? Did you tell him?", I asked with wide eyes.

I've been so torn between Polo and the truth. Damn, I knew what he did, he fucking admitted what he did and we still stood here doing nothing? But he was my best friend, well, he's been my best friend until his confession. If I had to be really honest, I didn't know what would have happened between him and I if he hadn't told us. But Marina was my best friend for years, we grew up together, I was around her family all the time. Nothing ruined our friendship not even the trouble with her and my brothers. I wish Polo meant nothing to me so I could just run to the police and tell them everything but I couldn't do that to him easily, it would ruin his life and I still cared about him.

„I've told him that I believe him about his suspicion that Carla and Polo are guilty in some way", he nodded, „I couldn't say more."

„It's okay", I sighed being close to tears again, „You were right yesterday. He's got to say it not us. You were so damn right and I'm so sorry about everything, Ander. I'm sorry for hurting you."

„Em, te quiero. Ser uña y carne."

„I love you, too, Ander."

„Have you visited Nano earlier?", Samu asked me when we had dinner together with mom so I nodded.

„He didn't say a lot, he's not in a good mood, of course. But I promised him that we are going to get him out soon. How much money do we have? I went to dad and asked for new clothes for school. He really believed that we would get new uniforms during the year. He's helpless but he opened his wallet and doubled my weekly allowance. We're getting closer."

„I'm proud of you, pequeña. Visit him once more in a week and you'll get him to pay the rent for us", mom joked and kissed my head, „You're papá is an idiot anyways, get as much money as you can. Samu and I are going to visit your brother now."

„Don't worry about that, mamá", I chuckled.

„Carla", I stopped her in the next morning before she entered our school, „We have to talk."

„About what?", she turned around innocently.

Carla was innocent. She didn't have to do anything with Polo and his mistake. Could I believe her behavior? She would talk to me, or not?

„Ander has talked to Polo and I about something really serious. I only need to make sure that I can trust you."

„I don't know what you mean", she spoke in a high voice and looked at me confused, „What can be so serious that you're so worried about it? Are you alright?"

„Yes, yes, Carla", I shrugged my shoulders fast, „I'm just glad to see that you're my real friend."

She would have told me if she knew. If she knew about Polo, it wouldn't matter when we talk about it. And since she didn't show me that she knows what has happened, I believe her. Not all of my friends could be liars.