Chapter 10

Y/n POV

A couple of days pass with Jimin trying his level best to be in Maze's life. To be honest, it's working really well. He almost flipped the moment she started calling him 'papa'.

Gosh! It took hours of teaching, but it was worth it. His smile was priceless when he heard her call him by it which made my heart skip a beat.

"Would you like to come over to my place with Maze to spend the weekends with my brothers and me?" Jimin offers over the phone.

I hum, thinking to myself "Okay, there is no harm in that," I reply in a calm voice not showing how excited I'm being.

2 days before the weekends is here. When finally it's time to go spend the day with Jimin, I prepare Maze. Her smile is wider than ever. She is aware of the fact that Jimin is her father, and whenever she knows he is coming to take her on a date, she keeps jumping all over the house calling his name in excitement.

"Mazie, let's go to Papa."

"Papa. Papa," she jumps off the chair and runs to her room, coming back with a bunch of random clothes which leaves me laughing at her adorable gesture.

After she is fully dressed up, I take her to the car and drive off to where Jimin is living and call him to notify him of our arrival. "I'll be down in a second," he says over the phone and quickly ends it to meet up with us.

The security greets us as Jimin motions the two of us towards the elevator. He has Maze in his arms with her head leaning against his chest, giggling from time to time when Jimin whispers something in her ear.

I watch them and smile at every small cute thing they do. Our focus suddenly goes back to the elevator's door when it makes a ding sound, telling us we've reached our destination.

He unlocks his house's door and immediately lets go of Maze as she runs inside the house, probably going after her victim, Tannie. Jimin and I chuckle, hearing her calling out for Tannie.

"Oh y/n, Jimin~ah you didn't tell us she'll be coming," Jin says as he slaps Jimin's shoulder, who whispers "We've been talking about it for 3 days now."

I giggle and go inside the house when Jin gestures me to. I bow and see Jungkook, sitting on the couch, who suddenly stands up when he notices my presence. He comes and greets me with a wide smile and extends his hand to shake mine. "I hope we'll have fun spending today together," he says.

"You know, you don't need to sound formal with me. Both of us are the same age," I make sure to tell him to make him feel more comfortable around me. He snickers and rubs his head in shyness which makes him look cute.

I find a seat and Jin starts showering us with his dad jokes when apparently most of them sound stupid for some of them, but to be totally honest, he has a good sense of humour. However, suddenly we hear a loud bark, coming from somewhere deep in the house.

Taehyung is the first to get up, knowing where Tannie is. A couple of seconds later, I see him coming with Tannie in his arms and Maze running after Taehyung with a pout on her face.

"What is it?" I ask a little worried.

"She locked him inside the closet, and Tannie is afraid of dark places," he says with a clear frown on his face.

I look at Maze and motion her to come to me. Yoongi, Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung watch Maze as she comes to me. I carry her up to sit on my lap. "You know you are scaring Tannie," I raise my eyebrow at her, but she shakes her head.

I see her eyes start to water, so I put her down and stop with the scolding. "Go play with Papa," I tell her, making her run to Jimin, who catches her as she throws herself onto him. She giggles and he carries her up.

I look up at Taehyung and apologize in her place to what she's done to Tannie. I know he likes his dog and scaring him like that is something unacceptable. "It's fine. She is just a child. I don't blame her," he says back to me and lets go of Tannie to run to his safe place.

Later on, Jin calls for us to eat lunch. We sit around the table and start eating, ignoring Maze's mess. We talk a little and exchange some stories, but I'm mostly silent only there to hear their stories which sound more exciting than whatever I think of saying.

They seem like great people. Why didn't I know them during my college years? I think things would've been something else if I was with them since the beginning.

Being here with them is making me have a new feeling. However, I know that I'm only here because Jimin wants to be with Maze not with me. I'm merely the mother of his child.

I push back those thoughts to the back of my head. Maze suddenly slips herself down from the chair she was sitting on. "Where are you going?" I ask her.

She raises her dirty hands, showing me that she'll go wash them since she finished eating. "I'll take her," Jimin gets up and goes with her.

Before I could protest Jungkook, who was sitting beside me, holds me down "Let him." I smile at Jungkook understanding what he means.

Jimin is trying, and I'm loving it.