2: Little Miss Perfect

💠Seth💠

"SETH!...SETH!"

That, is the annoyingly high pitched voice of my little sister Lauren. She's 13 and huge pain in my ass, has been ever since she learned to talk, "SETH!!"

I rolled my eyes, got up from my desk and walked downstairs to the living room, "What do you want ingrate?"

Lauren crossed her arms, "Daddy said you have to take me to the mall to hangout with my friends."

My eyes widened. I looked over to my dad, who was sitting on the couch watching TV, "Dad! I've got a paper due tomorrow!"

My dad shrugged, "Should've thought of that before you waited until today to do it."

I squinted, "What? I'm NOT taking her to the mall just so she can hang out with teenagers and get her fuckin' nails done! She does that every week! I've got to finish my paper!"

My dad stood up, and got in my face, "Watch your mouth asshole! You WILL take your sister to the mall, because I said so. Why can't you be more like Lauren, and just fucking do what your told?"

I looked over at Lauren, her arms were crossed, and she was smiling. I took my keys off of the hook by the door, "Come on."

Lauren grabbed her coat and went out to the car. I looked at my dad as I closed the door, my eyes watering. I shut the door, went to my car, and drove Lauren to the mall. Neither one of us said a word the whole the way there. I dropped her off, then went to the library to finish my paper. Figured I'd get more done there than at home, plus not only was it closer to the mall than the house was, but it was more pleasant.

     As I sat there in the quietness, trying to write about Shakespeare and his life, I couldn't help but think about my sister and dad. Dad always treated her like she could do no wrong. Even when I was 14 and she was 10, and she stole my Xbox game, that I bought myself, and broke it in half, it was still my fault...not hers. My mom never said much to make heads or tails of what she thought of all of it. She would comfort me, and tell me that my dad loves me just as much as Lauren, she's just a Daddy's girl, and my dad has a connection with her because of that. Sometimes I think my mom is right, but most of the time, I think she's just trying to make me feel better.

I wrote a few paragraphs, then noticing that I needed a book for another source, I stood up and went to the biography section. Scanning the isles up and down, I finally found a book that I felt suitable and reliable. Once I found my book, I went over and began citing some textual evidence. While I was doing so, I got a text from Lauren.

 While I was doing so, I got a text from Lauren

I groaned. I knew she wasn't bluffing about telling Dad, but at the same time, I just couldn't care less. She kept texting me, and after a while, I switched my phone to mute and turned it over, facing the table. That's when a wave of panic flooded through me. If she tells Dad about the smoking weed instead going to class thing, I'm done for. He'll tell the coach to bench me the rest of the season, and probably take my phone and car too. I packed up my stuff and ran out to the car, speeding home in hopes of beating Lauren there.

When I got home, I came in through the garage, hoping to avoid my parents. Thankfully, Lauren hadn't made it home yet. I went upstairs and locked my bedroom door. I knew what was coming when Lauren got here, although knowing her, she probably already texted both Mom and Dad, and wouldn't you know it....turns out I was right. While I was looking through Twitter, my Dad started banging on my door, "UNLOCK THIS FUCKIN' DOOR! LAUREN TOLD ME WHAT YOU'VE BEEN UP TO! WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE LAUREN? HUH? JUST DO WHAT YOUR FUCKIN' TOLD, AND STAY OUT OF DAMN TROUBLE?"

I scoffed, "LAUREN ISNT PERFECT YA KNOW! SHE FUCKIN' VAPES! AND SHE'S FAILING ALL OF HER CLASSES RIGHT NOW! NEED I SAY MORE?"

Dad screamed back, "STOP LYING! SHE IS A SWEET INNOCENT LITTLE GIRL! SHE DOES WHAT SHE'S TOLD, STAYS OUT OF TROUBLE, AND IS SWEET TO EVERYONE! WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR YOU!"

I scoffed, "YOU'RE DELUSIONAL!"

Dad said, "IF YOU DONT OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR IN 5 SECONDS, I'M GONNA BREAK IT DOWN!"

I sighed, " DAD COME ON! IT'S JUST WEED!"

Dad said, "1...2...3...."

I said, "DAD PLEASE!"

Dad said, "4...5!"

Next thing I know, my door is being body slammed. Yeah...my dad is crazy!

My eyes widened, "MOM! STOP HIM!"

A few seconds later, I hear Mom dragging Dad away, who is still in an angry rage. I flopped on my bed and sighed, rubbing my eyes, trying to calm myself. I'm sick of getting compared to Lauren. I'm sick of everyone thinking that she's little miss perfect, and can do no wrong. I'm sick of dealing with Dad and his rage. I don't know what his deal his with Lauren, but it's becoming even more annoying and hurtful...as if that's even possible....*sigh*