Chapter 7

A man had been aimlessly roaming across the Great Plains, traveling by horse and riding the steed tirelessly for miles and miles. The time slowly ticked by with each exhaustive hour on end as he'd wisely taken the roads less traveled, intent on causing all sorts of uncontrollable chaos for as long as time permitted him. This unhinged individual of a man would be categorized as a strange, elusive and increasingly dangerous figure as he'd begun a manic killing spree, set off by his own desire which was a disturbingly morbid personal interest to instill widespread fear amongst the great people and citizens who've settled in every town and city across the entire southwest.

This elusive and dangerous figure sat saddled on a freshly-stolen steed, a big strong, cantankerous and dark-skinned thoroughbred mustang, riding his black horse of death across the great plains of the wild frontier. The man sat perched atop the saddle of the horse, of which now he'd justly claim were his property. He traveled with much haste as he constantly pushed and prodded the steed to its very limits, forcefully riding the horse as fast as it could muster. Riding for hours in the searing heat while the mustang galloped long and hard across the harsh desert landscape, until finally they reached their destination. Sweeping through town after town, intent on killing another hapless victim and joyfully leaving a trail of blood and guts in his wake, this was a man gone completely mad who felt no longer human and became possessed by an absolute evil. His name was Bunker Frye.

What little agenda he'd made with himself, had been put weeks into motion, the spark that started it all happened when he viciously strangled a young 15-year old prostitute on a cold and dreary night, spurred on by the voices in his head which caused him to snap.

Bunker Frye would become one of America's first true 'serial killers' and also one of the last stalwarts of the wild and rambunctious west as the 19th century was slowly drawing and nearing to a close.

Bunker Frye would be one of the first to be labeled a bona-fide 'serial killer'. A term that would eventually gain widespread recognition in the public consciousness with the dawn of the 20th century, where its definition were no longer foreign to the public, bringing educated insights into the inner workings of the mind and the human psyche.

The year was 1878 and Bunker Frye had begun to roam the great plains of the wild frontier, his notoriety would quickly grow as he claimed one victim after the other. As he evaded the law, meandering through one town to the next, it was only inevitable that the lawmen of the southwest would try to stop him.

But try as they might, the various lawmen couldn't track him. To oppose him and eradicate the notoriously infamous sociopath, the governor of Texas would enlist the help of a hardened, tough-as-nails bounty hunter, someone who could track him and bring this mass-murdering 'bastard' of a human being to some sort of swift justice and could be dealt with, most importantly, with whatever means necessary.

When he killed, he would display the type of morbid, unnerving behavior that would primarily confuse and perplex individuals. This behavior ventured into unknown territory as he killed without motive and without consequence, this behavior he'd become known for and the level of sheer brutality that became associated with these murders, would only heighten with every subsequent victim, victims who were unfortunate enough to have crossed paths with him. This became the terrifying legend of Bunker Frye.

It displayed a surefire cause for alarm. The time had come and the bounty hunter was quickly dispatched to bring Bunker's bloody tirade to an end.

Bunker Frye, a man gone crazy, had essentially carried out what was a horrific months-long killing spree in 1878, one that lasted just over 10 weeks, had spread across 5 State lines, with a death count that reached a final tally of nearly 2 dozen innocent victims, he quickly became one of the country's most wanted men as a sizable bounty had rather hastily been put out for his head.