Chapter 2

~Flower Crown~

"Whhiiriiirrrrrrr!! Whiirirrrriirrrrrr!!"

A low mumble escapes your lips, turning over in your bed. BB8 let's out a soft moan of sadness. Your ears hear him roll a bit, and suddenly something bumps against your leg.

Groaning in defeat, one eye opens. "How did you even get up here?"

BB8 beeps happily beside you on top of the bed. The door doesn't exactly have locks so it's probably simple how he got here.

He chirps excitedly and you narrow your eyes, tilting your head slightly.

"Uhhh..."

He's trying to talk to you. BB8 is trying to talk to you. BB8 beeps a bit slower and even though it is strange and a little bit hard to understand. Something is telling you that there has been some point in the past that you learned how to speak with him. Guess that'll be handy now.

"Yeah! Yeah, I ...actually had an alright sleep."

BB8 beeps excitedly, rolling left and right swiftly.

"I don't think I can help Poe today. I have my own duties to do."

*beeeeeeeeep beep*

"I don't know..." You rub the back of your neck. Much to your unsure lack of motivation, BB8 tries to run over your leg as a way of arguing for you to get up and do it. He continues beeping at you as well. Over and over again until you have no choice but to surrender to the unit and sigh.

"Fine, here's a hug."

You wrap your arms around the little droid and he whines happily, moving his head closer to your arms. The metal of the unit is surprisingly cold. But then again, he must have to have some mechanism to keep his system cool and prevent over-heating. Precious little one.

"And I'll go talk to Poe, if that'll make you happier."

BB8 goes absolutely wild and rolls off the bed with a thud. Then out of the room faster than the speed of light. You giggle to yourself as well as the droid's slight clumsy goofiness, putting your hands on your hips and shaking your head.

You and Poe still have two more days before Kylo comes to attack the village but scaring the villagers isn't part of the plan so word has stayed mute. Nothing has been told except to the village warriors. Maybe talking to Poe, he'll know what to do.

Putting on thin sleeves, as well as a scarf to protect you from the heatwave and some jeans and boots before taking a breath in. And then out. You know you'll be just fine even if you feel like you're baking. It's better than sunburn.

With that, the saber that you keep at all times it put by your side and you exit the hut. You merely glance over and see BB8 talking to Poe again. In that same crouched position to get to the best height, Poe can for BB8. It's cute. So you smile. It's so wholesome to see Poe crouched down to the droid as they communicate. Like BB8 was able to do for you this morning.

It feels so odd that the only person you cannot remember Poe, or BB8. Every so often it just gets on your nerves a little. You can only hope to return to Resistance soon.