Why?

...................................................

~previously~

What has care ever done for him?

Does anyone who say they care smirk as they watch him suffer like his father did?

"Aragorn" Legolas muttered after realising that the man had not answered. The elf turned to look at him, moon reflecting on his kingly face. Aragorn kept his mouth firm shut "...Estel"

"You asked me if I cared..." Aragorn exclaimed, his words deepening with pain. Suddenly his wrist was grabbed ahold of she was pushed down to the ground. He stared up at the human above him and slightly gasped. Estel was crying, his face contorted in mental agony "...Do I really not show it?!" He half-yelled, Aragorn's tears falling onto his own cheeks.

Legolas instantly regretted those words that he had spoken. He regretted every word that he had ever said to Aragorn that made him feel his own pain. But perhaps that was a good thing, perhaps they could share the pain and perhaps Aragorn was slowly teaching him the true meaning of the word 'care'.

"I-I'm sorry" Legolas mumbled, tears building up in his eyes "Ever since then, I have f-found it harder and h-harder to understand positive e-emotions. You must u-understand, in that place, a-all I could feel was pain but...but your making me feel again" Legolas confessed as tears freely leaked from his eyes and onto the grass below, his lips quivering from the strength of holding back his sobs.

Aragorn looked down at him, his eyes filled with emotion as he studied Legolas's face "Legolas, you may have gone through years of torture and pain but that will never stop me from caring about you...no, it will never stop me from loving you..."

~

3rd person PoV:

"...from loving you" Aragorn whispered to the elf below him.

"Don't bother..." Legolas laughed, tears leaking out of his eyes and blurring his vision of Aragorn "...I am unlovable, why do you think father left me? Why do you think Haldir bullies me? B-Because I am loved?!" Legolas laughed harder, chuckles soon reducing to quiet sobs "You will soon realise and turn against me just like they did!"

"I would never turn against you, you must understand that by now" Aragorn exclaimed, still hovering above Legolas with hands either side of the poor elf's head "What that psychopath did to you was not your fault, they may believe that but I never will. Trust me, I care what happened to you, I really do but I can't care for you or love you if you refuse to be loved! So I am sorry if I am making you feel uncomfortable and I am sorry if I am bringing back memories but I can't just stay here and do nothing while I watch you suffer, I care too much about you for that..."

Legolas shuffled backwards until he was not trapped by Aragorn anymore and he hugged his legs "That's the problem..." Legolas sobbed, lifting his head up to gaze into Aragorn's eyes as tears streamed down his pale cheeks "...Everyone who loves me, leaves me"

"If you really believed that, then you would not tell me all of this in the first place" Aragorn admitted staring straight into Legolas's pale blue eyes. He hated the way that Legolas felt. He hated the way that Legolas had given up but most importantly, he loathed seeing Legolas like this, teary eyed, pale with tears cascading down his cheeks and burning his skin in a hopeless attempt of warming up his shivering form. As tears leaked onto the grass like dew, Aragorn noted Legolas's quietness. He had gotten something right.

Gracefully, Aragorn crawled towards Legolas and cupped his tear-stained cheek. Faces inches from each other, Aragorn stared straight into Legolas's sea-coloured eyes with nothing but love, hoping that Legolas would accept it.

The elf averted his eyes after a couple of moments of gazing, his eyes hazed and tired rafter the immense amount of crying he had done, sitting here in front of Aragorn, telling him his tragic past.

"You said you loved me?..." The elf muttered under his breath, his eyes still averted as he looked anywhere but Aragorn's eyes.

"Yes, I did"

"Why?..." Legolas barely murmured above a whisper. That simple word completely broke Aragorn on the inside as his eyes shone with tears.

"Who could not love you?"

"Well Mattsuke obviously" Legolas chuckled, looking off to the side in a daze, his tears ceasing to exist.

Aragorn leaned forwards pressing his lips firmly against Legolas's. Hearing a slight gasp, he pulled back and smiled at the sight of Legolas's blushed face "Well I love you and nothing is going to change that" Aragorn confessed.

Legolas kept his eyes away from Aragorn and turned over onto his side "I'm tired"

Aragorn refused to acknowledge the heartbreak he felt at that moment. Legolas needed time.

"Outside?" He asked the obviously not sleeping elf.

Legolas just hummed a yes and rolled onto his other side so that he was facing Aragorn again.

"I love you too..."

Sorry for the wait and short chapter! I have no other logical excuse other than I was binge watching the 14th season of supernatural

Hope you enjoyed this chapter