Enter sandman

...................................................

~previously~

After a while of drinking his tea, he had finally finished it and he was feeling considerably more relaxed...so relaxed that he even felt his eyes droop due to need of sleep, something that he told himself that he would not do for a while now. He stood up slowly and excused himself from the room "Thank you Eowyn, for doing all of this for me. You did not have to" He murmured feeling his eyes droop more. He knew that if he did not get to his room soon than he would just fall asleep standing.

"You are more than welcome...And are you sure you don't want me to take you to your room?" Eowyn asked again with concern etched across her face and mingling with her voice.

Holding the door handle, Legolas looked back at her, slightly irritated but not showing it on his face "I'm sure" He said with a fake smile. Eowyn hummed an 'okay' and went back to reading her book (That was literally pulled out of thin air, were does she get these things?!)

Legolas finally opened the door and was ready to step out only to be greeted with someone grabbing the sleeve of his cloak and pulling him sharply out of the room...

~
3rd person PoV:

Legolas finally opened the door and was ready to step out only to be greeted with someone grabbing the sleeve of his cloak and pulling him sharply out of the room.

Too tired to even care who this mysterious person was, Legolas shoved them away and went to walk off only to be grabbed by the hand this time. This caught his attention and Legolas finally looked up the the face of the figure.

The looming figure of Aragorn stood before him, his face calm but his demeanour complex as if he were deciding which emotion to act on, calm and caring or serious as if discussing a business matter. Legolas bit his lip, the effects of the tea slowly fading away along with his chance to sleep. The elf took a few weary steps back, not wanting to be anywhere near the man, not after the said man had caused him a more traumatic panic attack. Tears welled up in his eyes by just looking at him.

Aragorn looked down shamefully, almost bowing from the tilt of his head and spoke words that seemed to riddle him with pain "I am sorry, I more then definitely have no right to even approach you but I need to talk to you, I need to apologise"

"If you believe you have no right to approach me then why are you? Just leave me be" Legolas scoffed and turned around the walk away but his hand was grabbed yet again. This time he ripped his hand away and successfully walked off back to his room this time.

~The next day~

The next day, as the crowd of men and woman began to flee Rohan was yet another day of Aragorn attempting to corner Legolas into speaking to to him. And so, before the orc raid, Legolas finally allowed Aragorn to speak from his heart.

They were walking through the plains of grass, the soldiers protecting the kin of Theoden, when Aragorn approached the elf.

"Legolas please let me speak to you" The man had said, quickening his footsteps to catch up with him. Legolas looked down when he noted how distraught Aragorn's voice sounded. So deciding to give the man a chance while risking his mentality in the process, Legolas finally nodded, allowing the man to speak to him yet not speaking himself. Even if he could not bare the pain he would feel by the words of the man, he could not pass his own pain onto the human himself.

Aragorn looked at him, slightly shocked that the elf complied but nevertheless he wanted to sort things out between them so he spoke, feeling his stomach build up with nerves. Aragorn opened and closed his mouth, unable the choose the words to express how sorry he felt so in the end he just said them, he just said the simple "I am sorry" that probably did not mean anything in the slightest to Legolas, that most likely would not even have the audacity to reach the elf's leaf-shaped ears and squeeze some sort of, any sort of emotion out of him.

The man decided that his fate would result in Legolas walking ahead of him and ignoring him. Despite what Aragorn thought the elf just turned to look at him, opening his mouth to say something then deciding against it, concluding them to continue to walk silently beside each other, not saying a word, no tears in Legolas's eyes and no more questions from the man. They just walked contently beside each other, the first quiet moment that they had shared since the night that Legolas had fallen asleep in Aragorn's arms and to both of them that now seemed like a long time ago.

(Prepare for the sad)

Though what had broken the silence was what they and everyone around them had dreaded, it was a yell. Panic ensured and soon, as the towns people were being rushed out of harms way, a battle went on between the warriors and the orcs.

Legolas had wanted the distraction so much that he did not even focus on where his comrades were, he only bothered on killing the orcs and saving the towns people. By the end of the fight, when all the orcs were dead, Legolas finally realised what he had forgotten to keep an eye on; his friends.

The elf looked around frantically and spotted the dwarf walking towards him with a slow stroll "Where's Aragorn?" He had practically yelled, forgetting all about what had happened, he only cared if the human was alive. Gimli did not answer, he only looked around much like the elf had done.

Spotting a dying orc on the battlefield, they rushed over to it, blood pumping adrenaline into their veins as they did. Legolas was the first to reach it and he grabbed the foul creature by the scruff of it's cloak "Where is he?!" He hissed.

The orc wheezed as he laughed, choking on his own black blood, practically dead when he was able to get out the two filthy words that made Legolas's blood run cold "H-He's...d-dead" It had chocked out, laughing up at the elf's shocked face as he taunted him "He took a little tumble off the cliff"

Legolas stared down at the orc, watching as it died before his eyes, he felt as if his body had turned to stone. There was no reason for him to believe what this creature was saying but where else would the man be if not in the icy depths of the river below? They had already searched everywhere had they not? Almost as if in a daze, Legolas walked over to the very edge of the cliff and looked down. He watched as the foam of the rapids clashed up against the rocks far far below, searching at all for any sign of the man as memories of him flooded his mind. He did not care anymore, he did not care the slightest of what the man had done...he just wanted to be able to love him again.

"Aragorn!" Legolas called down into the water as images upon images of Aragorn's dead body corrupted the pleasant memories of the man. He called out again and again and again and again until his throat felt saw and the tears that ran down his face burnt his skin. Legolas softly sat down on the cold stone, never ceasing to mutter the mans name as he pulled at his hair, choking on his own gut-wrenching sobs. He felt empty...he felt lonely, he felt as if the pieces that made up his heart had been torn apart and left to drown in the icy water with Aragorn. He needed him.

"Don't leave me in this world alone...all alone"

Okay so i got mixed opinions on the last chapters authors note, i don't really have a preference on what one i do so decide amongst yourselves

Oneshots with aralas and other ships or a happy aralas story?

Stay safe and stay home :)