Chapter 2

Chapter 2.

"Well I'm Officer Wang Yibo and I'm conducting the interview now." Said Wang Yibo without looking up from his form that lay in front of him.

"Before answering any questions, I have the right to call someone. And I want to use this right. Or more importantly, tell your boss to call this number." Said Xiao Zhan and pulled a business card from his coat pocket.

"What is this? Your lawyer's number?" Asked Wang Yibo and gave the card to a colleague who stood in front of the door.

"What? No, much better!" Xiao Zhan replied with a mischievous grin.

Meanwhile, the young policeman handed the business card to his boss, who immediately set about calling the number written on it. When someone answered the call, his eyes widened.

The boss ran out of the room and into the interrogation room. "Stop the interrogation immediately!" He screamed into the room. Then he bowed to Xiao Zhan.

"I'm sorry, Sir. We didn't know you were a federal agent." He said, bowing to Xiao Zhan.

Wang Yibo looked at him in disbelief. This guy a federal agent? Are federal agents so easily overpowered these days? If so, they were all worthless and should leave the work to the police.

The boss unlocked the handcuffs and apologized again. "That's OK." Xiao Zhan replied dryly. And rubbed his wrists. He took his ID and wallet back and put them back in his coat. Then he asked for his official weapon.

"Why don't you have a badge to identify yourself?" Asked Wang Yibo, who still couldn't believe that this guy really is a federal agent.

"Very simple. When you work undercover, it's not advisable to carry your badge around." Reply Xiao Zhan annoyed.

"Who was that guy you were chasing?" Asked Wang Yibo.

"I'm not at liberty to discuss this. Any other questions?" Xiao Zhan wanted to know. Yibo shook his head, but only after he had seen his superior and his disapproving look.

The door to the interrogation room flew open only a moment later and a large man about sixty entered the room. Xiao Zhan bowed to him. "Good morning, sir." Give him his regards.

"Agent Xiao, fallen into the wrong hands again, huh?" He asked and grinned at his young agent.

"Ahem. Yes, sir. Sorry. I was distracted. I haven't slept in three days because I was following our target. I got careless." Said Xiao Zhan and bowed to his boss once again.

Xiao Zhan, twenty-eight years old and a federal agent for five years, was tired, very tired. Since his partner committed suicide a month ago, due to his hidden depression, he had to get along without a partner. Since there was no available agent at the time.

"Come on boy. I'll give you a ride home, then you take a shower and go to sleep. Take the next two days off." He said to Xiao Zhan and put his arm around his shoulder.

"Thank you, but you really don't have to do this. A hot shower, some sleep, and I'll be fine." He replied.

"No way. You take the day off. Your partner might think you don't want to come home at all." Said his boss and Xiao Zhan stared at him.

And as they left the interrogation room, Yibo heard Xiao Zhan say to his boss. "I'm pretty sure I already told you that he and I are no longer together, and we're just living together until he finds a new place."

"Then use those two days to find someone new." His boss replied.

"Huh? Why is that?" Asked Xiao Zhan.

"Because you should have sex again." His boss replied. Xiao Zhan turned red and behind them, Wang Yibo laughed out loud.

With a red face, Xiao Zhan turned to Wang Yibo and sparkled at him. But Yibo could not help laughing. Hearty and laughing loudly. Which earned him questioning looks from his colleagues.

It took a good two minutes for Wang Yibo to get a grip on himself again. He didn't know when he had to laugh so heartily the last time. If he had ever done it. However, it wasn't because of the statement of Xiao Zhan's superior, but the reaction to it from him.

Without any real reason, Wang Yibo followed the two. He just found the federal agent interesting.

"I told you before, I don't feel like dating." Heard Yibo Xiao Zhan say.

"And I told you, you'll do as I say. Tomorrow you have a date, and you will go there." Xiao Zhan's superior replied.

"But, Dad, I'm not planning on sitting through another boring date. Remember the last guy? He asked me 15 minutes later if he could tell his mom she was getting a son-in-law now." Whined Xiao Zhan.

Wang Yibo giggled. "Very interesting." He whispered. But probably not quiet enough, because Xiao Zhan and his father turned to him and looked at him questioningly.

"Oh, um, nothing. I was just thinking out loud." Said Yibo hastily and quickly looked in another direction.

"How old are you?" Asked Xiao Zhan's boss father or whatever.

"Twenty-two years old, sir." Yibo replied.

"And in a partnership?" Asked the tall man.

"Dad, this is none of your business." Xiao Zhan tried to save Wang Yibo.

"It's okay to ask." The latter replied to his son. And gave him a stern look.

"No, Dad. You don't know him and he's not under your command. So it's none of your business. Leave the poor boy alone." Xiao Zhan replied.

"I am single." Answered Wang Yibo, who had briefly thought about whether to answer this question or not. Then decided to just say it and see what happens next.

For Yibo, this had been a thoroughly amusing morning. A morning like he had never experienced before. He even forgot his own tiredness. And he suddenly also found Xiao Zhan very interesting. Besides his good looks, as Yibo had already noticed early in the morning, he was also able to arouse Yibo's interest.

"And do you go on dates?" Asked Xiao Zhan's father.

"My mother makes me, yes." Wang Yibo replied immediately.

"And what exactly are you looking for?" Asked Xiao Zhan's father about it.

"Dad, enough. Come now. I want to go home and go to bed. You said you'd drive me. So let's go. Leave the officer alone. I'm really embarrassed by what you're doing here." Said Xiao Zhan and dragged his father with him.

"I'm sorry. Don't blame him." Xiao Zhan shouted from the door to Yibo, who wished he had the time to answer.

" Xiao Zhan shouted from the door to Yibo, who wished he had the time to answer