Chapter 10: Maidenhead

When the night fell like a blanket over the city, I walked with small steps up the corridor to the King's rooms. I was shaking like an old person. I was afraid. Not only for how everything would proceed when I stepped inside the room on the other side of the door, but for a lot of things concerning this. For a moment I considered running away, back to the sewing room. I felt wrong about doing this. It was a sin in God's eyes. I would disrespect the Queen by being with her husband. I knew the King had lusts. A King's lusts were after all bigger than any other mans. He had to have his lusts fulfilled, since he needed all his powers to reign the country and controlling his counsel.

As I stood before the door, I raised my hand to knock on it, but I could not. Everything in my body was against it. I was going to sin. No one could see it. It would be a secret for all except God. The heavenly father would see it no matter how much I tried to hide it. He had an all-seeing eye. No mistake could slip by him. He knew everything which went on in the world he himself had created.

I sighed, then knocked. I did not even notice my own motion but suddenly the down swung open and Henry stood in the doorway.

"Elizabeth," he whispered and reached for my hand. I looked behind my back, trying to discover if anyone was watching us but I did not have enough time to be done looking before Henry had me inside his room and the door was locked. He pulled me towards him. My body was quickly up against his. My heart was running in full speed. It almost hurt as it pounded in my chest. Henry looked down at me. Into my eyes. I was caught. Couldn't escape anymore. He had me right where he wanted me.

"Henry," I said. "I don't know what to do."

"Don't worry. I will be gentle."

I sighed. Still not feeling good about doing this. Afraid of the punishment God would put upon my head when I had sinned. I was afraid it was already too late. Henry had kissed me that night in the sewing room. From that moment I was no longer in the merciful light of God.

He pulled me towards the bed. My legs were shaking. I wondered why he hadn't kissed me yet. What was the meaning of this? He had seemed so sweet and interested in me as a woman. Not only my body. He had wanted to get to know me. He said, he liked me. I didn't understand what he was doing. It was like I was some of his other maids. Like he didn't care about me.

"Not so fast," I said in a low voice. Henry looked confused. "I'm not ready. I thought we were going to do some practice of Latin first. Maybe have a little wine to relax."

"Elizabeth, I'm the King and I decide the order of when to do which things."

He tried to pull me into his body, but I escaped from his grip in the last moment. I felt like a whore already. He only wanted me for the carnal lusts. He didn't care about me like he had said. He had lied to me. I was certain. Absolutely certain.

"Leave me alone," I said. Walking towards the door. I had to get out of the room quickly, but he was fast and soon he stood in front of me, blocking my way out. "Henry, step aside. I need to get out."

"No, you do as I say. I'm your King and you do as you're bid."

"I thought you wanted me as a woman. Not just a whore."

"But I want you as a woman, Elizabeth, I just can't wait to feel you around me anymore. I have waited for this so long. You don't know how much torture I have gone through just looking at you while you have been waltzing around, measuring body and arms. I have tried to hold back but I can't anymore. Let me have you, Elizabeth."

"I feel like a whore, your Majesty. Not a respectable woman."

"Don't call me 'your Majesty', I have asked you not to."

"I know, but you have promised to teach me Latin and modern languages, and right now I do not trust your word."

"You don't trust the word of your King?"

"No, I don't," I said and watched the reaction spread across his face. He put his hand through his hair. Aggressive. He was surely mad. I didn't know what to do. Maybe I should never have come here. Maybe I should say something more. Try to calm him down. "Henry, I just don't understand what you're doing. I feel like a whore in the way you're just pulling me towards the bed. Not a single romantic touch have you given me yet. No kisses like the ones we shared in the sewing room that night."

"I'm just so bewildered, Elizabeth. I'm just a man and I am mad for you. I can't control myself. I do apologize for my behavior. All I want is to have all of you." His look had gotten more tender as he had spoken the words. I saw the glimpse of the real Henry and it made me weak to my knees. As he looked into my eyes and started kissing me like the night in the sewing room, I fell with him onto the bed. He was on top of me. Kissing my lips, then my collarbone. He started undressing himself, taking of his white shirt. I almost lost my breath when I saw his bare torso. He had a beautiful body, and when he leaned down over me, I reached and touched his bare skin. It felt like silk. I wanted more, which made me afraid. I was afraid of wanting this, but as he drew me up from the bed, I pushed it out of my head as quickly as the thought had come. He started kissing my neck while loosening my dress and freeing my body from it.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered and turned me around. "Will you let me have you now?"

"Yes," I answered. "Yes, Henry. You may."

With those words he laid me down onto the bed again. He took of his trousers and then spreading my legs, placing himself between them. He smiled as he looked down into my face. I didn't know what to except, but in the next second I felt a strong pain between my legs. I grabbed around his body, pulling him towards me as it started moving.

I had given my Maidenhead to the King of England and was now his mistress.

Word count: 1155 words.

Total word count: 11553 words.