Lemon Cupcakes: Heather Chandler x Reader (EASTER SPECIAL)

(a/n) hi so i was trying to make sure to get this out on time because i literally started this the day of easter lol so it started out pretty okay but then i got sloppy so um idk if this is good okay bye

"Remind me again why we're doing this?" I asked.

"Why not?" Heather asked, smirking.

"I'm bad at baking." I whined.

"Then I'll have to help you." She replied, coming up behind me and grabbing me by my waist.

Her embrace was warm and relaxing. I didn't want her to leave, but a couple seconds later she moved away to go find more ingredients. She was forcing me to make cupcakes with her. It was the day before Easter, and tomorrow we were inviting Heather and Heather over for a small little Easter get together. I don't know how I let her drag me into this but I guess I had to deal with it for her sake. My only problem is that I couldn't bake if my life depended on it. For goodness sakes I didn't even know how to follow the instructions on a box cake mix let alone create one from scratch. Not only that but the recipe she found looks pretty hard to make. A lemon cupcake topped with mock-grass made of frosting, and some candy Easter eggs I had found at the store. Okay, so maybe it wasn't that hard, but still.

"Shit." I heard her mutter from behind me.

I turned around quickly, to see her staring emptily into the drawer.

"What's wrong?" I asked, walking up to her.

"We don't have any piping tools." She replied, shutting the drawer.

"Can't you make piping bags out of ziplock bags?"

"Yeah, I guess. But it probably won't end out the same." She sighed passive aggressively, leaning against the counter.

She was mad. Thankfully, not mad at me. Nonetheless, I still didn't like it when she was mad.

I pulled her in for a hug, letting out a breathing laugh, and whispering to her that it was fine. She smelled like warm vanilla and coconut. She always chose the best perfumes. Her curly, honey blonde hair had been pulled into a low ponytail by her iconic red scrunchie, which everyone envied (including me). I, surprisingly, pulled away first, giving her a smile, and rubbing her on the back.

She smiled at me, weakly, before turning her back to me to find the ziplock bags. I turned back to the ingredients we already had out. Flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, buttermilk, and lemon extract.

"We still need heavy cream, powdered sugar, and some food coloring." I said, turning to her. "Oh!" I looked back, noticing the candy eggs weren't out. "And the candy eggs."

"Okay." She replied, nodding. I watched as she made her way over to the pantry.

She scavenged around, searching and scanning for the remaining ingredients. Soon, she left the pantry with the last few ingredients we needed.

"Okay." I sighed, narrowing my eyes in confusion at the ingredients. "So, what do we do first?" I asked.

She laughed, shaking her head. "Wow, you're more of a pillowcase than I thought."

I shoved her with my shoulder, mocking offense. "It isn't my fault no ones ever taught me how to bake!"

I could see her roll her eyes out of the corner of my own. She then continued by sighing.

"Just go preheat the oven." She said, smiling.

"Fine."

"Fine." She mocked me.