Chapter 14

The awkwardness of the morning wore off some when they both took in the news that Astral had a crush on Yuma. They traveled side by side in complete silence so as not to attract attention to any of THEM if they were around.

"Do you think we'll be too late?" Yuma hissed.

Astral didn't bother looking at him. "Maybe, maybe not. The only way we know is if we get there."

"How will we know where they are, though?"

Astral stopped and pursed his lips. "I have absolutely no idea..." His fingers toyed with the handle of his sword as he thought. How were they going to know?

"Well, I guess we won't find out until we get there!" Yuma laughed and walked on.

After another long moments of silence, Yuma broke the tension.

"So, what should we do when we get there?"

"I suggest just going in and fighting. No need to talk to them."

Yuma glanced at Astral. "Who should look for our siblings?"

Astral thought about this. They couldn't get separated because there was more of THEM than those two, and who knows what traps there may be! Still, it would be a slow process, and they would have probably done even more unspeakable things to their siblings. On the flip side, if they were to separate, they would be able to cover more ground at the cost of vulnerability. With that suggestion, they could both be looking around and not leave it up to just one person.

"I don't know," he mumbled. "There are two possibilities. Either we stay together and search, or we can split and search simultaneously."

"Any drawbacks?" Yuma asked, placing his hands behind his head.

"Of course. There are any number of traps in there. If we were to split up, we would be vulnerable to traps and assaults without each other to help out. However, we would be able to get more done and even double check if one hasn't searched hard enough. If we stay together, we will not be able to cover much ground, we will still be vulnerable to traps, but we will be slightly more defended." Astral looked at Yuma. "Which one?"

"Why do I have to choose?" Yuma complained. "You're the one who knows best!"

Before Astral could come up with a retort, a trap door opened beneath them, one for each of them. Yuma simply fell through because gravity is a bitch, and Astral got sucked into his because screw gravity! Astral defies gravity!

On the other end, they landed separately in different chambers. Well, separate it is.

~.THEM.~

The German Shepard released his finger from the button with Lady Shila hanging over his shoulder. They both wore malicious grins.

"Well done, Lore," she complimented. "Let's see how they handle the labyrinth of our base!"

Lore chuckled. "Yeah. I bet they won't be able to even get out of the hall they're in!"

Their base was that of a maze, like the Minotaur's labyrinth: so many twists and turns that they would need a golden thread to see which halls they passed and which they haven't. They had bases like these in every world. The only difference in them was that Lady Shila inhabited only one at a time, and that one was the planet that she would decide to take over. She only went to one when they located enough darkness to use against it.

"I trust that you can handle things here," Lady Shila said, sweeping past him.

"Of course, my lady," Lore answered. "I can handle things just fine." He grinned.