Chapter 8

Emily awoke and opened her eyes only to be greeted with blackness. she blinked a few times but still saw nothing. Quickly she realized she was blindfolded. Emily took a moment to get her bearings. She realized she was lying on her side. She assumed she was on the ground too because of the cold hard surface below her. Her ankles were chained together as were her hands. She thrashed her body a bit out of instinct but already knew it wouldn't free her.

"This is bad. really bad." she thought to herself.

The realization that the team had no leads and no idea who was behind this hit her. She tried to remember what happened but her mind was jumbled and all she could recall was waking up around 3:00 am.

She thrashed again, a little harder this time but no results. Emily knew she should be afraid but all she felt was anger.
Soon she heard a door open across the room. Suddenly she had a flashback. She remembered the dream she had the night before.

"there's no way I dreamt about something before it happened, right?" she thought to herself.

Emily snapped herself back to reality and noticed the sound of footsteps heading her way from where the door had opened. She stayed perfectly still. By the pace and the weight of the steps she assumed an adult male but knew she couldn't be sure of anything. When the steps were within a foot or so of Emily they stopped.

"Ahhhh, there's my favorite profiler" a voice spoke from behind her.

Emily was disappointed when she didn't recognize the voice. There was no other way to know who this was until her blindfold was removed. She stayed as still as possible.

"I know you're innnnn thereeeee" He said in a song-like way.

Emily stayed in place.

"Fine" The man spoke.

Suddenly Emily felt hands tightly gripping both of her upper arms. The man yanked forcefully and began dragging her. The metal restraints that tied up Emily scraped loudly against the concrete floor. The man dragged Emily to the other side of the room where he propped her up against the wall with force. She winced when her head collided with the hard wall.

"Kidnapping a federal agent? oh yeah, you're going to help me get famous" The man spoke close to her ear, laughing once again.

Quickly she felt warm knuckles against her temple as the man ripped the blindfold from Emily's face.

Emily tried opening her eyes instantly but the lights were too bright and she shut her eyes again. Slowly she let her eyelids rise while blinking repeatedly, trying to adjust to the lights.
Finally her eyes adjusted and she saw an average sized man crouching before her. His hair was black and shaggy and his eyes were a vibrant emerald green. He had a sick smile plastered on his face as he watched the agent.

The man stared into Emily's eyes and she stared right back.
" I don't recognize him. Why don't I recognize him?" Emily thought to herself.

As if he had been inside Emily's mind, the man spoke.
"You're mad that you don't recognize me, right?" the smile still on his face.

"I don't care" Emily spoke her first words since being abducted.

"I'm going to make sure that you do" He replied. With that he gave Emily a light tap on her nose with his index finger and stood up from his position.
Emily tracked him with her eyes as he left her and exited the door on the other side of the room.

Emily let out a big breath as soon as the door shut. She felt her heart rate speed up as she ran through possibilities of how to free herself but saw no way of escaping. She knew that breaking or slipping free from the chains was not rational unless she wanted to start bleeding and become infected.

"I have to start profiling from what I can see. There is nothing else I can do" She thought.

Emily's eyes darted around the room and her mind raced. It was hard to feel calm and collected.

"Okay it seems that we're in some sort of warehouse" Emily analyzed the room she was in. It was big with a high ceiling. there were no windows and the only door was the one that the unsub had come through. The room was completely empty besides Emily herself. It was cold and bright and a little dirty.

She was torn from her jumbled thoughts as the door slammed open once again. The man had a big black duffel bag over his shoulder and he walked Emily's way with a quick pace. He stopped just a few feet short of where she was up against the wall and he set down the bag, squatting beside it.

"Like I said, I'm going to make sure you care" He said as he unzipped the bag revealing a surgeons scalpel, an industrial taser, baseball bat, lighter, axe, pepper spray, and more items that were indiscernible.

Emily knew what was coming.

As always I hope everyone is enjoying the story! Life has been hectic so updating isn't my top priority but I'm working hard to get chapters out as fast as I can. Leave a vote or a comment if you liked this chapter. see you soon. -K💣