Errands

Hiei and Kurama waited in my car while I went to do a fitting for a woman, I'd need to finish this tonight and drop it off tomorrow before I go.

After the fitting I drove uber eats for awhile and watched Hiei slowly go insane at the mundane tasks. Kurama was no fun, he stayed the same all day, calm collected and patient.

"Are you done yet?" Hiei finally snapped after I made the last delivery.

"Now I have to go home and change and Cam and I are going to the bar and both you guys are coming."

"That annoying human from the gym?" Hiei rolled his eyes. "Yes, Hiei, he shouldn't mess with you anymore, you already took him down."

"Hiei took out one of your friends." Kurama asked confused.

"Cam said something and Hiei responded is all." I waved it off "Cam is always mouthing off to people, most people can't do anything about, Hiei happen to not be a total wimp."

"Both you guys are going to have fun, and hang out like regular people." I tell them.

"What for?" Hiei snapped.

I tapped at the steering wheel and shifted my eyes to Hiei's in the review mirror. "you can tell a lot about a person in different situations."

Hiei smiled "you're gauging us."

"The same way you did with me at the gym when we officially met." I quirk a brow at him. He seems to see me a little differently. Not like he did early, like there was something broken in me, but like maybe there was something in me worth seeing.

The Bar

The music was loud, someone who really couldn't sing was on the mic but they were having fun and the crowd was into it.

"What is the deplorable place?" Hiei grunted.

"shut up and have some fun." Cam slapped him on the back but Hiei didn't even react.

"Yes, Hiei, I'd love to see you sing next." Kurama joked with him.

"oh my god, you guys do make jokes." I punched Kurama's arm and he smiled at me.

"on occasion." Kurama said.

"come on, you'll sing something, right?" I nudge him with my elbow.

"Perhaps after you." Kurama smiles Cam throws an arm over my shoulders.

"wanna do a duet?" he asks.

"maybe later tonight. I push his arm off, and sidestep him, he still doesn't understand my boundries.

"I'll get you a drink." He stops by the bar Kurama and Hiei seem to make a path without doing anything. Hiei's moves were almost in sync with mine, he must have watched me a lot... that's creepy.

"Dance with me Pretty boy." I grab Kurama's hand.

"I'm afraid I'm not much of a dancer." Kurama tried to wave me off but I just stared at him.

"I'm not either and I highly doubt Hiei is gonna do it." I tug on his hand again.

"Your friend-"

"You're observant and smart Kurama, do I need to tell you?"

"I suppose not."

Cam returned with our drinks. I took a swig of my diet coke and handed it to Hiei.

"watch this." I drag Kurama onto the floor."

Neither of us are good dancers but the point isn't dancing, I almost never dance here but I had to see how he would react, what his instincts tell him to do when it comes to doing something he isn't used to doing. He keeps a distant, as always, he even loosens up and laughs with me as we stumble over our own feet.