Leaving

It was an late five o' clock afternoon. Emily had a prayer at the chapel before her departure. Drake sees her.

"Hey." Drake greeted her the moment he reaches her at the pew. She instantly gives him a hug."Are you okay? You weren't at the gathering in the town hall today."

"Honestly no."

"I'm so tired Emily of this life. Being around Amber, my so called friends. Not being with you."

"We can get through this together." Emily kissed his palms. Giving him a assuring smile that lifted his spirits. He then raises his eyes.

"Together, why didn't I think of that?"

"Right?"

"We could run away together!" Drake suggested to Emily. She looked up.

"What? That's not what I mean-"

"We could really run away together you know we could, just run away together." Drake emphasized the word together to her.

"It's not that easy Drake-"

"It is! I'll be with you!"

"But you leave everything behind Drake! You can't just put your life on hold for yours and call it love! You have a kingdom!"

"So you rather leave me?"

"I don't have a choice!"

"But I do!"

"I love you." She tells him in comfort. Drake, heartbroken, leaves the chapel. Emily sits back down and cries in tears. "I'm sorry." She whispers through the window and cries in her seat with guilt, knowing they cannot be with each other due to her status and scandal.