The Masked Ball

As the Venice Carnival had it's first masquerade dance at the Apostol Plaza, Emily secretly enters in with amazement in her eyes. She never seen such a view outside. Drake noticed the woman leaving the castle and follows her.

When he sees her, she's busy twirling outside on her own for she never felt so much freedom. She then turns around to see him in shock. He gives her a smile.

"I'm sorry you had to see that-"

"Oh no, you're fine."

"I'll be leaving." Emily starts walking away, but Drake stops her as he grabs her hand.

"No stay, How's the party so far?"

"It's amazing. I never seen anything like it."

"Really?"

"I'm not able to attend parties like this. It'-, I mean it's not my thing." Emily changed her words.

"For me that's how it always is. But since it's the season, the dance is open."

"I see."

"But why aren't you in there? Dancing out by yourself?"

"Honestly, this is my freedom. Away from the everyday life I live in."

"What's your life like?"

"Slavery." She teases her life. "Luckily, I have a night away from it. How about yours? You seem you have the world."

"Slavery. In a world no one understands." Emily looks at the sky, seeing how beautiful it is, changes the subject.

"Isn't the sky beautiful?"

"As you are."

"You're such a flirt." Emily teased his comment. "I honestly felt like I never have a moment like this." Drake started leaning towards Emily for a kiss. Their lips slightly touch but backs away when Drakes name was being called. That when she realized, she fell for the enemy.

"I think that's my time to go. I'm sorry!" She apologizes.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked her.

"I can't stay this long in this world!"

"When can I see you?"

"Midnight again!"

It was before dawn Emily had arrived in her house, she removed her mask and looks at it as she fantasized the moment she had with Drake, not knowing who she was. Drake wished to see her again, but their worlds won't let them. As she was poor and he was rich. It was the only moment they can be together in love. 

Along with that, Drake was still a social racist. She couldn't love him. That's the reality.