Chapter 12

The next few days I couldn't find Sana at the college. I decided to go to her house.

I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. Meanwhile I took a deep breath and mustered up some courage. It wasn't going to be easy breaking someone's heart but I had to tell them the truth.

Someone finally opened the door.

"Hanya? What a surprise! " Sana greeted cheerfully on seeing me.

"Welcome." She said leading me into the house.

"Thanks.. Actually I.. " I started.

"Come with me I want to show you something. " She interrupted.

We went to her room where on her bed lay a number of catalogues of designer lehengas and dresses.

"See these catalogues... I can't decide which dress is better. Help me choose one for my wedding.. Would you?"

I quietly sat beside her looking at the catalogues but actually thinking about how to tell her the truth.

"Um.. Sana.. " I started.

"Yes?. "

"I wanted to tell you something. "

"Yes go ahead. "

"That  ri..." I hesitated.

"Look..there is a misunderstanding." I tried to be as polite as I could.

"About what? "

"About that ring.. And the note that you found... It was for me..I dropped it here by mistake. " I said in a go. I sighed.

She didn't reply. She kept looking at me.

"Nice Joke. " She started laughing.

"No.. No.. I'm Serious. " I said.

"You mean Ufair Propsed you and this ring is Yours? "

"Yes.. That's what I'm telling you. "

"Shut up.. How dare you say this? " She stood up in anger. I stood up too.

Hearing her shout, her Khala and Ufair's Mom came running into the room.

"What happened Sana? " They enquired.

"Khala.. she's saying..that.. that Ufair Proposed her instead of me." Sana's face was red with anger.

"What Rubbish. " Ufair's Mom said.

" I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." I apologized to Sana.

"What do you want? Why are you doing this?" Sana shouted in anger.

"I don't want anything. I just came here to tell you the truth. " I explained.

"Get out of my house." Ufair's mom clutched my wrist tightly and led me out of the room..  down the stairs to the entrance of the house.

"Leave." She said leaving my wrist at the entrance of the house.

"And better Stay away from my son. " She said in a warning tone.

My eyes filled with tears. I had never felt so much insulted ever before.

With tears blinding my vision, I left Sana's house to find my way back home.

Before entering my house I wiped all my tears away so that nobody in the house comes to know of my grief.

I tried to behave as normal as I could before my family.

No matter how much I tried I was not able to forget today's incident.

In the evening, I was in my room when Ashiya and Ruba  came into the room.