Two Dragon Slayers Share A Bed

Three days later...

"Come on Wendy, we need to get up before we miss the... the train." Natsu's motion sickness had gotten worse over the past few weeks because they needed a train to go on all their recent jobs. Wendy grumbled and sat up on the bed they were renting for the stay. Natsu left the room so that Wendy could change for the ride.

As Natsu sat outside the door, he waited, listening to Wendy moving around the room. She knew that he could hear her through the thin wooden door of the inn. She was a little disturbed, but she also felt protected, knowing that he was out there, waiting for her. She had grown accustomed to it over their last few missions together.

When she was all finished up, she opened the door and narrowly dodged the body that fell over. She recognized the pink hair immediately. She smiled warmly at the sleeping Dragon Slayer. She shook him awake and he beamed a warm smile toward her when he saw her face above his. She blushed lightly and told him that they need to hurry to the train.

"Come on, Wendy! It's going to get here... any moment," he swallowed.

"I'm just getting a snack. I'll be right there."

As she waited in line, there was some trouble at the front.

"Hey! Back of the line!"

"Do you know who I am? I am the all powerful Salamander!"

Wendy was confused. She didn't recognize the man's voice, even though he was using Natsu's title. She went up and looked at the two men bickering.

"Um... excuse me, sir."

"What do you want, brat?"

"Two things. First of all, I am not a brat. Second, your not Salamander."

Nobody even knew the real Salamander was just outside, watching the whole thing with a smile on his face at Wendy's confidence.

"You say I'm not the Salamander, huh? And where's your proof?"

"Because the real Salamander is outside."

"Then go and fetch this real Salamander."

"I will!"

As Wendy walked outside in search of Natsu, she found him standing by the window, looking inside.

"Come on, Natsu. Come inside and prove him wrong. Your the real Salamander. He's just a fake."

"Okay," he said without really thinking about it.

As they walked inside, the faker was tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for her to bring back another faker. But when he saw Natsu, he paled in fear, for this was not the first time the two had met. They met when he had kidnapped all those girls in Hargeon, including Lucy.

"Long time, no see, Bora."

The last time Natsu saw Bora, he had been a criminal, working as a female slave trader.

"So, are you still a criminal?"

"S-Salamander. I didn't expect to see you here," said the blue-haired mage, a frightened tone added to his voice.

"C'mon Wendy, the death traps gonna be here soon."

"Hmm," nodded the small Dragon Slayer.

Just as they walked back outside, the train pulled in. As they made their way inside,they found an empty booth to sit in. After everyone was on board, the train began lurching forward.

Natsu had developed a resistance to the motion sickness spell, no longer allowing Natsu to ride transportation without getting sick.

Natsu begged for her to use the spell on him, even though he knew it would not do anything. Halfway back to Magnolia, he gave up. At the stop in a city, Wendy suggested that they go look around at the town, since they were going to depart tomorrow.

"Well, we do need a place to sleep," Natsu said.

As they walked around the town, they asked after a place to stay at. A young man that they saved from a thief was visiting relatives brought them back to the only inn in town, and it was still being built, so none of the locals knew what it was.

Since it was still being built, there was only one room that was completely done and another that was just missing windows. The young man led them to the nearly completed room.

There was only one bed, the frame of a dresser, a small desk, and two chairs at a table.

After they ate at the table, sleeping matters came upon them.

"I could just sleep on the floor, Wendy," offered Natsu.

"No! I-it's a-alright if we both sleep in the bed, t-t-together." No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't conceal her scarlet face.

10:00 pm...

Natsu slept on the left side of the bed, while Wendy was on the right. Natsu was fast asleep an hour ago, but Wendy was shivering through the light blankets they had at the in-proggress inn. She turned to Natsu, who was facing her.

"Natsu," Wendy said quietly.

"Huh? Oh, hey Wendy, what do you need?" Natsu asked through a yawn.

"It's cold."

She just stayed still as Natsu just pulled her into a sort of hug, warming her up instantly.

"That better?" He asked.

"Mhm," she responded quietly, but it was to late. Natsu was already asleep again.

And all through the night, she enjoyed the warmth of the pink-haired fire Dragonslayer.

In the morning...

As the alarm clock went off, Wendy woke up, still in the arms of her fellow Dragonslayer. Her face just got redder as Natsu pulled her in closer. Natsu woke up, 10 minutes later, when the smell of food wafted into the room.

He just smiled and greeted Wendy as he did every morning they were out on a mission. As he unwrapped his arms from around her, he got out of the bed and said, "Is there food around here?"

Wendy couldn't help but giggle a little bit.

"Yeah, I think that they are cooking food in the kitchen."

After they got dressed and went out to the common room, they were served a breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, ham, and pancakes.

"Thank you for the food, sir," Wendy said.

Natsu tried to say thank you, though his mouth was full, so it didn't come out right. "Hey, how much is this anyways?"

"Oh, no need to worry about it. This is just how I want to repay you. The medications were for my grandma. She has been very sick recently. And, when I saw your pink hair and Fairy Tail guild mark, I knew that you were the famous Salamander. My grandmother told me that you saved her one day. She never got to pay you back. So come over and stay anytime you want."

And then they were on their way back to S-class trials...

A/N If anyone reads this, then the third chapter won't take that much longer since I already have four hundred words from what I previously wrote.