Artemis

Chloe's POV

"Becs?" I whisper the quiet house. There's no response. I frown and head outside. I find Beca on the back deck rocking Luna. Her gaze is fixed on the moon. She's been a bit off for the past few weeks. I can't figure out what it is and I'm assuming its because of our new hectic life with an infant. "Hey babe. What are you doing up?" I ask her. Her eyes snap to mine and she seems to come out of her trance. She gives me a forced smile and shrugs. "The two of us couldn't sleep. I thought some fresh air would help." She says looking down at Luna who is laying comfortably on her chest. Luna's eyes are fixed on the bright moon.

I'm amazed how much she has grown in just a few short weeks. We just celebrated her one month. It feels like just yesterday I went into labor. Luna finally looks towards me as I approach. "You two haven't been sleeping very well lately." I comment as I sit next to Beca. She looks back towards the ocean and moon. "I know. I just... okay about a month ago I had this crazy dream." She says quietly.

"What about?" I ask her. She frowns and looks away. I place my hand on her thigh and send out a calming pheromone. It clearly works because Luna let's out a little yawn and her eyes close. "I saw my mother." She says quietly. I'm surprised to hear that. Beca never talks about her mother. All I really know about her is that she died in some sort of accident, but I know Becs cared deeply for her. "She... she told me to discover the truth. And that I can save us all. I don't get what it meant. There was another woman there... I don't know. Chloe it felt so real. I can't stop thinking about it. What if it wasn't a dream?" She says letting out a deep sigh. She bites her lip and looks at Luna.

"Do lycans believe in afterlife?" I ask. I really don't know much about her beliefs. Another topic I never got to learn about. Things were a bit to crazy and I never got to bring it up. "We believe in greek mythology. Artemis created the lycans and she's really the one we follow instead of Zeus." She says as she gently rocks Luna. She falls asleep and Beca sighs. We take her back to her crib and go back to our room.

"Have you ever heard of something like that ever happening before?" I ask as we lay back in bed. "I've heard old tales but nothing in the past few centuries. It just seemed too real. And the other girl... I don't know. Something about her..." She trails off, completely lost in thought. I give her a few seconds before I speak up. "Maybe you should talk to Stella. She knows the most about our kind. And she has been able to travel around the world. Maybe she's heard of something like this." I say as I intertwine our hands.

"Yeah... I should. I really didn't want to worry anyone but I can't stop thinking about it. If it was a warning then we need to take is seriously." She says looking at me. "You know I'm by your side no matter what." I say kissing her cheek. She smiles and turns to kiss me. "Well yeah, I kind of figured that." She says with a smirk. The whole mood changes as we engage in a make out session. I know we are both a bit flustered. We haven't been able to fool around since Luna was born. And its really starting to take a toll on both of us.

Beca flips us over and starts to kiss down my neck. I rip off her shirt but then a cry from next door stops us both. "I think she is doing this on purpose." Beca mutters as she jumps out of bed. She throws on a tank top and darts out the door. She comes back with Luna in her arms and sets her down between us.

"What's wrong with my little girl?" I ask as I kiss her belly. Luna kicks and looks at me. "I'm convinced she wants to be an only child. That's why she keeps interrupting us." Beca says shaking her head. Luna did have a thing for interrupting us when we tried to have adult time. I chuckle and watch Luna's tiny hand wrap around Beca's finger. Beca smiles and plays with her while I watch. "She really is a good mix of us. Even her hair." Beca comments playing with Luna's hair. It looks brunette but in the light its a reddish color, closer to auburn. Luna makes a cooing noise and kicks her legs. Beca chuckles and sits over our baby, kissing all over her making Luna coo and kick more.