Deceptions

Levant had received confirmation from Asli and her mother that Can was indeed alive. He was elated and somehow not surprised.They both explained to him what had transpired and what Can had told them. It was simply unbelievable that he had survived the two gunshots as well as almost drowning. It was no mystery who wanted him dead and it had obviously been planned but something had gone wrong. The woman Asli spoke of had managed to convince Can the they were married and she was expecting a child of 3 months already; which based on the timing would have been impossible. Two nefarious plans were at work here. One had wanted Can dead and his wife and ship usurped; and the other wanted Can alive and Sanem given up in exchange. Both smelled of his mother's involvement somehow. He thanked the women and left by horse to speak to the town officials. He had a few things to gather before looking for Can ........ Levant was thankful now that he had done his due diligence before finding Can. He managed to procure what they needed for the voyage quickly and that was due to the love the fisherman had for him. Can asked a particular fisherman to deliver a message to Aylin later that day after they had left. Can asked the other men that should his wife inquire after him in a few days they were to tell he had set course for Antalya. His trip would take longer than expected and she should await his return in a fortnight. The men readily agreed bolstered by Levants assurance that as the fishing became scarce there would be work for them on his estate. Now that Can had his memory back and knowledge of Sanem there would be no stopping the man. He was headed home one way or another.

Emre shook Leyla awake. At first he was immobile looking at the beautiful woman sleeping in the bed with an angry bruise forming on her chin but he soon shook himself out of his thoughts and began to try and awake. Her eyes fluttered open and before she could let out a scream he clasped his hand down over her mouth and motioned her to be quiet. Her eyes were large which made her blue orbs look even bigger, matching those of Levants, Mitat and her fater Nihat. He opened the palm of his hand and shone her the necklace that her father had given her. Proof that he had come with his blessings. Leyla soon straightened her self up as Emre released his hand. "Who are you? Have you come to take me home?" Emre starred again at the woman and was dazzled by her beauty as he had been the day he first saw her on the beach. He cleared his throat and said "yes, I am Emre Divit". Leyla continued to look at the man before her in a bit of shock. She had never met Emre as a man and vaguely remembered him as a child. They were similar in age. "Emre Bey, you have my thanks and my lifetime appreciation but how will we leave this place?" Emre smiled at her "there is no need for thanks Leyla Hanim, seeing my sister in law safely home is my duty and I am happy to do this for our families and thwart Yigit Erdogan once again". Leyla thought his smile was more of a smirk but could easily understand that both Divit men were more than happy to ruin any plan of Yigit's. Leyla watched as Emre removed his armor. She began to notice just how tall he really was and how big he was in his shoulders. She was tall for a woman matching her fathers height and had always felt uncomfortable knowing that most men found it awkward to stand in her proximity. She had begun to sag her shoulders and change her posture to appear shorter than her actual height. Now, looking at this man shrugging his armor off and standing in just a black shirt, trousers and booted feet she was reminded at just how magnificent height was. As he removed his helmet and face guard she noted his chiseled face and light beard. His lips were very pink and all around his features were manly yet refined. She blinked and blushed realizing she had been staring at him while he called her name again to capture her attention. "Leyla Hanim. Leyla.....iymisin?" Startled out of her thoughts she replied "iym. How are we getting out Emre Bey?"... Emre explained to Leyla their plan. As he spoke her eyebrows rose to such a level that he thought she would begin to laugh at any moment. Leyla for her part sat incredulous at what he thought they could get away with. How in the world would she be able to carry off the look of a man much less wear the armor?. It was impossible. She paced the floor and wrung her hands talking through other scenarios with him but he had reply's to all of her suggestions and she could not dispute his reasonings for there imminent failure. She saw herself in the looking glass as she clutched her bodice to herself and looked at her face. With her free hand she touched the bruise now visible on her chin and right side and felt the pain as it caused her jaw to throb. Emre noticed the moment Leyla's eyes lit up with anger and she turned to him and said "when do we leave?"