Scene 1-2

HERMES

Scene 1:

<Persephone, Aries, Dionysus, Poseidon, Athena, Demeter, Aphrodite, Hades, [PADPADAH] Apollo, Hermes, Zeus, Hera, Mrs. Herna, Therese, Maria, Simon, Jess, Lucas>

<Museum, PADPADAH, and the other gods are already on stage. Mrs. Herna and the students will enter from the stairs.>

(Sound of a bus, screeching brakes.)

Mrs. Herna: Students, we have arrived in the Parthenon National Museum. Feel free to look around and take pictures with whomever you wish. However, please bear in mind that you must remain silent, behaved, and with your fellow classmates and myself at all times. Be cautious and please be sure never to touch anything. Understood, pupils?

Kids: Yes, Mrs. Herna. (In unison)

(Kids look around. Therese, Maria, Simon and Jess are together. Lucas is alone however, somewhere else in the museum.)

(Therese points to Aphrodite.)

Therese: Oh, look at her. Look, look Maria! She is so cool!

Maria: Hey, isn’t that Aphrodite?

Simon: Wow, she’s so beautiful.

Jess: Of course she’s beautiful. She is, after all, the Goddess of Love and Beauty.

Maria: Simon! Take a picture of me with Aphrodite!

Simon: Sure!

(He grabs the camera from Maria. Maria poses with Aphrodite and Simon takes a picture.)

Simon: There you go, Maria.

(He gives the camera back.)

(Therese and Maria squeal as they look at the other statues.)

Jess: Guys, didn’t Mrs. Herna tell us to keep quiet?

(Mrs. Herna suddenly comes in the scene, to check on them.)

Mrs. Herna: Students, students, please settle down! I told you not to misbehave.

Jess: See? I told you so.

(By this time, Lucas comes over to join them, and they are all silent as they listen to their teacher.)

Mrs. Herna: By the end of our museum tour, we will all have a bit of knowledge about the lives of these Greek gods and goddesses. So, are we all ready to listen?

(Students nod their heads in approval.)

Mrs. Herna: As you can see here, the god beside me…

(Lucas rudely and immediately interrupts his teacher.)

Lucas: Oh, it’s Hades! His name means the unseen, isn’t that cool? He is a son of the Titans, Cronus and Rhea. His consort is Persephone. Hades is the King of the Underworld. His Roman name is Pluto!

Mrs. Herna: Thank you very much for the wonderful information, Lucas. However, since you have already stated all of the basic information about Hades, we shall move on to the next god, Zeus. Zeus is the brother of Hades and –

Lucas: And he is the King of Gods, and his abode is Mount Olympus. He has had very, very, very many mistresses and offsprings, although his sister, Hera is like his principal wife. He is also known as Jupiter.

Jess: Ew, he married his sister?

Lucas: Yes, but—

Mrs. Herna: Lucas, I once again thank you for the knowledge that you have imparted upon us. Nevertheless, it is my job to teach the students --- and not the students teaching me! --- So if I may, I would want to take the floor from here on.