Prologue

People don't know for peace.

If we look through history the only thing people are good at it, is war, killing, and battles. It's not something strange. From the begging people fought only to survive. And now they are fighting to survive but on different levels. Now, they fight for land and power, a place at the Council.

"General, we received a piece of information about the attack. For the begging, they suppose the attack started at the docks when people cheered for the Odril's ship. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only bomb. It was the initial one. On the first reports, we have confirmed two hundred and fifty deaths. More information as the team touch the ground."

My eyes land on the soldier's frightened, and little unfocused eyes and I nod. Another attack. More people are getting murdered, and on top of that on the holiday. Do these people don't respect anything?

"Thank you, I will join the second team on their investigation. Prepare the helicopter for the team. We leave in twenty minutes."
"Yes sir." He salutes briskly leaving the room.

With a long exhale I turn from the dark wall and focus on the streets. Being placed in this town would always make me uncomfortable, but being forced to stay more than five days, just enhanced that feeling.

We lived for the army. People like me and more of our kind lived for the army, fights and blood, but we also lived for our Protectors. A person from the Original line, one of the twenty Councils and King's advisors. But being forced to investigate in this war didn't make them happy.

My fists clenched as I turned around, memories swirling in my head. The last man I questioned didn't seem to enjoy the method. His memories hunted me as I walked down the hallway and out in the sun.

Drops of blood. Drops of blood dripped from the table. Drops of women's blood dripped from the table's edge as her body lie unmoving next to its feet.

A head. A head standing pushed on the spear next to the wall of West borders. A head of General Marcus turned on the spear as his dirty fingers dug into its eyeballs. The blood splatters on his uniform.

"Sir, the helicopter is ready. Team two is already waiting for your orders. Are you ready?"

My eyes rise and I let gold sparkles dive into the blue pools. My hands clench for the hundredth time today as the noise from elise make my ear hurt. The feeling is nice and new. I never knew how people feel when I question them.

"Take route two, spread from the angles to the centre. Count the victims collect their bodies and bring them to me. I will try to find some of our assassins."

A team of eight soldiers nod as I turn to the pilot.
"Land us twenty feet from the first bomb. I want to feel the last ones."

Pilot noded shortly before speaking something to his headphones.

Ah, another day. Another memory, and another murder.

Just like I said. People don't know for peace.