Chapter Eight - Climb

Ash sat on his bed, a dark gloom over his face as he pondered over the words exchanged that night.

It had been hours since Liam and him returned to the castle and readied themselves for sleep. Though Ash found himself unable to find rest.

So while Liam slept soundly on the princes enormous bed, Ash laid there thinking the night away.

Why had he just accepted what was happening to Liam?

Why had he just accepted that it was normal for people to hate others because they were different?

Why had he just accepted that it was okay to stay locked up inside forever?

Why had he just accepted what happened to him was okay?

Why?

His mind ran ramped, spinning in circles as the same questions circulated and overlapped one another.

It was too much for him.

He had let his life get stolen away from him—

Willingly.

And even helped to chain it away.

He had watched it go on by, meaninglessly sitting around hidden behind the castle walls. He had learned to garden, knit, paint, sew, bake, cook, and keep company with the animals. He had done and learned everything.

Everything except how to live.

How to take a stroll down to the village, have a picnic in front of the forest, and take a swim down by the lake.

He hadn't learned how to have a first kiss or how to fall in love. Nor had he learned to play and hang out with his friends and loved one.

How to laugh so hard it hurt and to just sit and stare at the sky. Not saying anything but sharing the company with someone you care about.

He hadn't done anything that showed he lived.

He simply showed that he was alive.

And all these thoughts, they slammed into him all at once as he Ash realized how little he'd done in the world. How little he'd lived.

He was trapped.

Ash had trapped himself in his own frame. Beautiful and elegant. Simple and one that people stopped to admire. Never had he once decided to stop, turn around, and climb out.

Climb out the frame.

Climb.

Climb!

CLIMB!

Bang!

Climb until you're free.

Climb until you're out.

Climb until you've made it out the frame.

Then paint.

Paint outside the frame. Make it so you are everywhere and nowhere. The frame does not hold you no longer. Paint the bigger picture.

Paint it.

For you, are free.

A/N:

I know it's a pretty short chapter but it was a message I think we all need to hear once in awhile.

Explore.

Search for who you are and don't let anyone decide it for you.

Don't let yourself get trapped in your frame.

Stay safe everyone.

With blessings,
author-