Noxious

Prologue

{11.14.2076}

[19:58:13]

[20:11:11]User1: Hello.

[20:12:28]User1: Is anyone there?

[20:20:45]User1: Someone please answer.

[20:34:12]Unknown User: Look up. You should see ventilation. Now look to your left. You should see a drawer.  Open it.  You should see a screwdriver.  Take it and unscrew the ventilation.  If you open up the file cabinet you should see a documented note. Take it and bring it to me.  I will find you.  Go. Now.

[00:00:00]

[00:00:00]

[00:00:00]

[00:00:00]  

Chapter One

The stench was horrid. It traveled through the corridors with no remorse. Anyone that entered the facility could smell it. It was ravaging to ones sense of smell. And it lingered. Ten years ago they only conducted the experiments during the summer, now however, it is a full cycle. Being conducted year round. Ruining the scientist lives. Dennis Reed had to disappear. Fake his death by suicide. His wife and children mourning his death for six months now, never to see him again. And Dennis, having to live every day knowing that he will never see them. It is a terrible thing, the government. Ruining people’s lives one way or another.  Whether it be the upcoming election or the taxes. Whatever it is, it is a cult. A society based around making themselves stronger and more powerful. With this being the perfect way to accomplish that. Lab rats being controlled by almost no effort, just something so easily taken from citizens through almost any means available to the government. The irony of government. There to enforce law and establish order to this country. By control. They control Dennis Reed. The lead scientist for his division. He previously worked for NASA. Under FCR, or Foreign Chemical Research. Having specialized in this field, Dennis would be perfect for this project. Whether he wanted to do it or not.

Division 13 was the last division to be added to the Enhanced Oxygen Operation. Or the EOO. It is the most “hoped for” division in this operation. After its 12 predecessor failed to meet the specifications of this chemical a final effort to create EO was made. However, this division, isn’t looking any better. All of the patients, after having prolonged exposure to the EO, started to have aggressive mood swings. Their temper rose to an abnormal level. They started to attack objects in the room. Torture themselves. Rip apart their own skin. Scream and yell. Their chaotic behavior was a mystery to Dennis. He searched for an adequate answer but nothing he did explained the phenomena.

  Dennis was on his way towards the lab.  Otherwise known as the slaughterhouse.  It was a cellar filled with chambers to eliminate failed test subjects.  Each chamber had a different method of execution.  Officials called expellers would take the deranged subjects to the chambers, strap them up to a stand up gurney and then proceed to close the chamber.  Scientist would then proceed with  the execution.  Dennis wasn’t too familiar with what happened under the chambers.  He did know that a type of gas was released, possibly to ease the pain.  The sounds the echoed through the cellar sent chills into the veins of the scientist.  However, recent subjects were not as much deranged as rabid.  They clawed at the expellers, and most of the subjects were put down outside of the slaughterhouse.  This troubled Dennis.  It had to be the most recent strain of EO, nothing else would cause this.  And the increasing amount of failed subjects horrified Dennis.  What was he creating?  Inside the lab Dennis was setting up for this week’s “clean-up”.  The intercom rang in the small room, “Initiate wide area elimination”, this wasn’t an everyday command.  Only used for special occasions.  Dennis froze, troubled by this command, he thought of all the possibilities and none of them sounded good in his head.  He brushed off the dust on the initiation panel and entered the code.  A few moments later he heard a loud scream.  And then blood splattered across the glass pane protecting him from the slaughterhouse.

[Part 1: The Uprising]

[Chapter 1: Preamble]

“Who are they?”

“That is of no importance” He glared at Dennis with a freighting scowl.  The department director opened the door for Dennis. “Now get to work! I want a plausible reactant within the next forty-eight hours!”  He slammed the door on his way out.  Dennis stood there, starry eyed at what to do next.  Dennis went to the never-ending array of buttons located on the control panel.  He looked up into the room.  What he saw struck horror into his veins, the endless moral values that Dennis kept so close to his heart wanted to escape.  This was not right to him.  Do conduct experiments on a girl, seventeen at the oldest.  Dennis wanted to know why her.  Of his years worth of work he never once conducted experiments on anyone under the age of thirty.  What was the meaning of this? He pondered for an adequate answer, but nothing of the sort came to mind. 

But to in order to remain alive under these hellish circumstances, he resisted the urge to follow his moral compass.  Dennis followed through with the procedure.  He clicked on the intercom, “Hello there! My name is Dr. Reed. Please remain calm, someone is going to escort you to the laboratory where we will further our conversation.” Dennis felt horrible.  He was really going to kill this teenage girl.