chapter 1

3 hours had passed of nonstop practice and getting the frustration from last night out of his system. Aggressively throwing knives at his simulation targets in his spacious room. A final throw with a scream and the dummy flew across with a thud and deadly silence afterward. He finally took a break, panting and sweating feeling a bit of his anger slide off his mind as sweat dripped down his bare chest and back. To calm down, he washed up nice and tidy, finishing with excessive hair gel as always. He put on his finest suit and started his way through the palace to confront his dear brother and father about yesterday's debacle. He entered the main hall where the door to the throne room was guarded. In a considerably good mood, he greeted the guards with a simple nod, to their surprise. He walked inside with some hope of a better relationship with his family but he was immediately disappointed. He saw Odin and Thor cheerfully conversing while Thor sat on Odin's throne, receiving fatherly pats of encouragement and support.

"You'll make a fine king someday, my son"

"I won't let you down, father. I'll be sure to continue your legacy."

Loki's heart dropped. He felt like an idiot for even thinking he had a chance. He was disappointed, especially in himself.

"Is this how it's going to be, Odin?" He shouted as he approached the two.

"Loki, I wasn't aware of your presence." His father replied with a sigh.

Thor got to his feet ready to beat his brother up.

"Why is it that you always choose him over me, dear father? Am I not enough for you?"

"Actually, that's exactly what it is." Thor chuckled, amused.

"Thor, you must learn to behave, a king does not treat his family in such a manner. And Loki, you must try to understand my position. It is my duty to choose the most fitting to take over for the good of all of Asgard and its citizens. Surely you must empathi-"

"I AM FIT TO RULE! I HAVE PROVED MYSELF WORTHY MANY TIMES." His disappointment quickly descended into rage.

"Loki, all you do is run around and cause madness with your mischievous stupidity and selfishness! You do not have a single notable accomplishment that benefited anyone but yourself. You're a fool to think the Asgardians would ever accept you as their king!" Thor laughed as Odin simply turned away in silent yet obvious agreement. Loki looked from his brother to his father with sad, teary, angry eyes. He turned away, storming off with yet another malicious plan in mind.

He stomped towards the gate, confronting Heimdall without hesitation.

"Ah Heimdall! Asgard's most loyal and trustworthy gatekeeper!" Loki exclaimed with a wide smile.

"I will not fall for your tricks, God of Mischief. I advise you to return to your duties immediately." He replied with no change in emotion or facial expression.

"Ah, there's no need to be so cold! Surely, you know I come with good intentions."

"I am aware you desire passage through the bifrost, but the reason is strangely unclear."

"Perfect!" Loki said clapping his hands briefly. "I will demonstrate immediately!"

With that, he rushed towards Heimdall, who quickly dodged out of the way.

"If you're smart, you'll open the bifrost with no hesitation!" Loki shouted carefully watching Heimdall, ready to fight.

"My loyalty remains with Asgard and King Odin. Nothing can waver that."

Loki charged at him once more, engaging in a rather aggressive wrestle. Heimdall put up a good fight, managing to pin Loki down within a few minutes.

"Okay okay!" Loki panted. "I suppose you win this round."

But as Heimdall relaxed, he vanished from underneath him and appeared behind him, at the key to the gate with a wide devilish grin.

"But I win this one!" He said opening the bifrost and disappearing as Heimdall watched in pure shock and fear.

There was a mix of excitement and joy in Loki's head as he traveled through the bridge. He anticipated Midgard to be a beautiful, populous universe ready to obey his every command and embrace him as king. When he landed, all he felt was disappointment, confusion and utter fear.