Chapter 62

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

He Knows

Having stayed in the Capital for five days straight, Pang Wan and separate teams of the sect’s people had practically gone around all the major restaurants and teahouses, but have not spotted sight of Nan Yi. The people of Bai Yue Sect are all looking distressed with dark clouds looming over their faces, only He Qing Lu is feeling at peace all day.

Seeing the appointed time of a month is drawing nearer and nearer, he is even taking it upon himself to begin planning the wedding.

——he has never asked about this matter about Nan Yi, on one hand, he cannot wait for this person to stay away from Pang Wan, the further the better, on the other hand, it is more due to the reason that Pang Wan has never requested any help from him herself. He is the typical “if you need anything then say it, if you say nothing, how am I supposed to know what you want?” type of person.

When the seventh day came, Pang Wan finally could not resist inviting He Qing Lu over from the estate, in the Capital’s best restaurant, a whole table of the most expensive dishes is laid out.

“Don’t know how much is the charge for your honoured residence to take on a missing person case?” She dismisses her entourage, and solemnly looks at the gentleman with a golden coronet in hair, currently drinking his tea.

Ah Zhuo was in the middle of drinking soup, and couldn’t refrain from spitting it out with a sound of “pu”, her entire face going red.

He Qing Lu smiles, placing down the cup in hand: “We rarely take on unchallenging cases as such.”

Pang Wan knows he is mocking her subordinates for being incapable, refusing to get annoyed, she swallows back her anger as she says: “Gentleman, the Capital isn’t within Bai Yue Sect’s territory, with the many eyes and ears of the righteous sects, we do not dare to act rashly, if I may request of Gentleman to give us a helping hand, with clear cut payment of remuneration, will that be alright?”

She truly is suffocated into unable to find any other ways, and can only turn to the power of the Solitary Palace.

He Qing Lu thinks for a moment, deeply gazing at her as he says: “Then you must agree to my one condition.”

Pang Wan is surprised: “What condition?”

He Qing Lu lowers his lashes: “I’ll tell you when I think of it.”

And so the two of them had their heads huddled together, Pang Wan clearly describes special characteristics of Nan Yi’s appearance and talks about the likeliness of him being in disguise, He Qing Lu having carefully listened to all this, writes a few things down on a piece of parchment paper, and orders Jin Di Luo to send it away.

“Wait for news from me after seven days.” He gives Pang Wan’s hand a pat.

Pang Wan lets out a long sigh of relief, and quickly takes her chopsticks to pick up a piece of drunken chicken and places it into He Qing Lu’s bowl: “Eat more, eat more.”

This scene is silently taken into the eyes of another person from afar.

“Why is Supreme Chief not eating? Could it be the dishes of this Wang Xiang Restaurant doesn’t match your taste?”