Hemlock and Aconite

John's POV

"What do you mean by that!?" I exclaim.

"It means that we found something other than drugs in his system." The nurse says slowly.

"I bloody understand that!" I shout

"Sit, calm down." The nurse try's to soothe me.

"What. Else. Was. In. His. SYSTEM?!"

The nurse closes her eyes, "We found a concoction made primarily of Hemlock and Aconite in his veins. He must've injected himself with it." She opens her eyes and takes my hands, "We've started to try to get it out of his system. We may not be able to get it all out."

"But if you can't get it out, he'll die!" I inform her.

"We are aware of-"

"Both Hemlock and Aconite are fatal. Normally in their flowers, not needles." I interrupt, getting more and more worried.

"Sir." She says, "We will try our best. Please go home and get some rest."

"But," I start to protest, but I realize it's no use, And head out.

*Back at the flat

Mrs. Hudson went on holiday, so no one's home.

I collect the books off of the floor, and tidy up a bit.

I walk into the bathroom, and find a black box. On the floor next to it, there's a needle.

I gag, and toss the needle out.

I walk out of the bathroom, to head up to my room, but I turn left into Sherlock's room.

I crawl under his covers, inhaling the sent of nicotine and books.

The smell of Sherlock.