Chapter two

"Jasmine.."

Saint's voice was softer and less harsh when he called her name he could sense she was upset and he felt bad for putting her in a situation like that, it wasn't the best look for him considering they just met and he was already exposing her to his life.

When she didn't reply he smacked his lips then let out a deep sigh before pulling up outside a burger joint.

"I figured you might be hungry, you hungry?" He asked nicely shutting off the engine and looking to her. 

Jasmine so badly wanted to ignore him but she was in fact hungry her stomach kept rumbling the whole journey. Sighing she turned to look at Saint.

"I'm still mad at you but I'm hungry so for now I'll drop it but you have a lot of explaining to do"

Saint cracked a small smile nodding his head before they made their way out of the car and into the restaurant taking a seat in a, leather seated booth. The waitress came over and introduced herself before taking their order, after ordering they sat in silence until Saint broke it.

"Look Jas, I'm sorry aight? I shouldn't of bought you up there and I shouldn't of put you in that situation" he apologised sincerely, he never really did the whole apology shit but he felt like he owed her one.

"You should be," Jasmine swirled her straw around in her milkshake avoiding eye contact with him "That was real careless of you, what if it had went wrong? I could of lost my life and it would of been all your fault"

Saint was starting to believe that Jasmine was just an over dramatic person who came up with scenarios in her head about how things would of went.

"And like I said my bad, I'ain think properly. You wasn't even suppose to come inside but you the one who insisted on it ma, so technically if woulda' been yo' own fault" Saint shrugged.

Jasmine rolled her eyes at him before taking a sip of her strawberry milkshake "I won't tell my mom if that's what you are thinking" She smirked.

Saint let a sly smirk creep onto his lips it was true that that's what he was working up to, he didn't need Ms. Loretta on his ass about that shit.

"Thank you, ma"

"Don't thank me, I'm doing it for myself. I'll never be allowed out of the house if she finds out, she's real protective like that" Jas rolled her eyes.

Saint chuckled "She just care about you that's all and you her only child right?"

"Yeah,"

It dawned on Saint that he didn't even know shorty's age and here he was riding around with her, she could be underage for all he knew.

"How old are you?" He asked curiously.

"Nineteen, you?"

"Grown" Saint stated dryly.

"Really? I couldn't tell"

Saint shook his head laughing lightly "I'm twenty three so respect yo' elders" he grinned.

"Boy whatever you barely three years older than me, we basically the same age"

"Like hell we are, You still in high school my nigga we ain't the same age. While you doing homework I'm doing grown folks business"

"Who's in high school? Nigga I go to college and I do grown folks business too so shut up"

Jasmine didn't even realise what Saint meant by 'grown folks business' but she acted as if she did digging herself into a hole she wouldn't come out from.