𝙸𝚜𝚊

Words:1760

"Tanjiro?", The said person stopped and turned around, "Oh my look at you!", Kie giggled, " Your face is covered in soot, come over here so I can wipe it off".

Tanjiro stood still as his mother cleaned his black soothed face inside the house,"You don't have to go, you know", Kie sighed, "As much as I know you can go down and up the mountain easily, it's still dangerous with all this snow". "Well, I want everyone to have something to eat their fill on New Years, so I'm gonna sell as much charcoal as I can", Tanjiro replied.

"Thank you Tanjiro", Kie sadly smiled, "If I could walk in the sun, our life wouldn't be as hard as it is now". Tanjiro frowns, he doesn't like it when his mother gets sad. It saddens him that she's the only family that can't walk in the sunlight. Though what else could he do? She's a full demon while they are just half, since their father was a human.

He smiled, "It's okay mom, even if you could walk in the sunlight, I would still not let you walk down and sell charcoal- I bet father would do the same if he was here". She laughed as Tanjiro smiled, happy that his mother wasn't sad anymore.

They walked to the front door as his mother led him outside. "Big bro!", shouted Hanako as she and Shigeru ran to them. "Your going to town again today?, Hanako asked Tanjiro, "I'm going with you!", exclaimed Shigeru.

"Oh hell no you're not", they all looked at their mother who was at the door , "You lot maybe half demons, but you all know you can't run fast like your big brother", Kie sighed. "Okaasan!", Shigeru complained, "I said no", Kie growled as they flinch at their angry mother, "Your going to help me by doing the chores, I'm already at a big disadvantage here because I can't go outside", Kie seethed as the two bow their heads down, disappointed that their not going to town again.

Tanjiro smiled, "You two better listen to your mother while I'm gone", The two nodded their heads as Tanjiro glanced down at them, "And don't worry I'll get tons of goodies for the two of you, and Hanako, I'll read you a book when I'm back". The two widely smiled and thanked Tanjiro, "Arigatou Nii-chan!"

Then the siblings noticed Takeo walking towards them, "Takeo...will you chop as much wood as you can?" Tanjiro gently said. "Ah sure!, come back quickly since you know I can't chop as much without you", Takeo said while using the axe as his stand.

"Well then I must be off", Tanjiro hieved a big basket of coal onto his back. Tanjiro waved goodbye to his mother and siblings.

"Be safe nii-chan!"

《♡》

"Big brother", A voice softly called out. Tanjiro turned around and saw Nezuko. "Nezuko", Tanjiro replied as he saw Nezuko carrying Rokuta on her back.

"I was just putting Rokuta for a nap, or he'd make a scene when you leave",Nezuko said, "He misses Dad a lot when he passed away, and since he's gone everyone's been clinging on you-even okaasan", Nezuko giggled and smiled as Tanjiro patted her and Rokutas head.

"You should probably now head inside", said Tanjiro. "Though would you mind helping Takeo in cutting wood?", Nezuko nods,"Hai~". Nezuko waves goodbye as Tanjiro descends down the mountain.

"See you later!"

《◇

"We don't have an easy life,
but we're happy"