𝙳𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚠𝚊

Words:733

Once again it was dark at night, and Kie was cooking dinner for her children, as she waited for Tanjiro to come back from selling charcoal. She sighs as she thinks about Tanjiro.

Whenever she looked at him, she's always reminded by his father. He looks so much like his father when he was younger. Not only that, but he acted like him too. Kind, selfless, and caring.

She smiles as she finished cooking, then three slow knocks came from the door. With a relieved smile, she opened the door hoping to see her son come home safe and sound.

But she was wrong. Dead wrong.

"Long time, no see Kie Kamado, or should I say Mariel Kibutsuji". A man in lavish clothing said as his red cat-like eyes glared at Kie, she felt as if she was pierced by millions of swords.

"Muzan" Kie said in disbelief furrowing her eyebrows. "You're not welcome here. You already know why I ran away because of you and don't even expect of me coming back", Kie angrily said and shut the door. But before she could shut it tight, Muzan forcefully reopened the door and pushed Kie aside, entering the house.

"Now, now. That's not how to treat you're older brother. I knew you married the man with Hanafuda earrings and I am so disappointed at you." He said and gripped Kie's neck.

"Mo-mom, who's that," Nezuko nervously said behind them, to which they turned their heads too. Kie widen her eyes in fear when she saw Nezuko. "Nezuko! Tell your siblings to run!". Kie tried to shout as Muzan still had her neck in his hands.

As Kie ordered, Nezuko ran inside and searched for her siblings in order to ran away from the house. Muzan turned to his sister with a devious grin. "Of course, you two will have children. It's a shame that you didn't tell them about their uncle. They're going to have a fun time while I'm here. Too bad you're not going to see a single thing from this little reunion of ours." He grinned and knocked Kie out.

Kie felt her body slam on the wooden floor, as her eyes blurred she saw her brother slowly walking further inside the house to search for her children. By the time her vision went darker, she knew she failed them as mother.

"I'm so sorry Tanjuro"

《°○°

Tanjiro widened his eyes as he sniffed his mother. 'She's alive! She's okay!, she didn't even have any injuries!'. Tanjiro shaked his mother, trying to see if she can wake up. "Mom, you have to wake up, mom, please, mom, mom!", Tanjiro shouts as he shakes his mother.

His eyes widened as he heard her groan, her eyes slowly opening, as her eyes adjusted to the bright and albeit dark room. Her eyes widened as her vision cleared, tears slowly sliding down from her eyes, as she cannot believe at what she is seeing.

Tanjiro?

Kie's vision was blurry once again due to the tears that filled her eyes and she gripped tightly on Tanjiro. "I'm so sorry Tanjiro, I'm so sorry", Kie sobbed, "I failed you and your siblings, I failed Tanjuro, I failed all of you"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" Kie sobbed. "I'm a failure as a mother". Tanjiro pulled her closer and hugged her. "Mom, please stop saying that. I need you to stay strong, stay strong for me. Yes, they're dead, but I know it's not your fault. I smell someone, that almost has the same scent of you but diffrent!"

"Ah... I knew your nose is much more sensitive but who would've thought you can smell the diffrence of our smell", Kie smiled which turned back to a frown. "The one who killed your sibling was Muzan.... my brother".

Tanjiro widened his eyes in shock, "Wait what? Okaasan has a brother? Doesn't that mean he's our uncle? Why would he try to kill us?", Tanjiro asked his mother, confused that he has an uncle, he never even heard of him before from his mother, hell, he never even heard his mother even utter the name Muzan.

"I guess I should tell you the truth?", Mariel sighed not liking that she has to tell Tanjiro everything she's been keeping secret from him, "But...", Mariel looked sadly at her children, her dead children.

"Let's bury your sibling first."

《♧》

Authors Note:
Hello everyone hope your liking the story so far. I'm sorry for the short chapter and how I haven't updated for a long time(for me it's long).
I don't have motivation to do anything right now, and I don't really know what to do next, since I did this out of boredom. Just to be clear I won't discontinue this cause like almost 500 views is something I never thought of.
So as always please comment if I had any grammar issues in the said line where I have issues with🙏.
To clarify:
"- is when a character is speaking.
'- is when a character is thinking.
HOPE U ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY~♡