Chapter 1: Something Different

"Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! I am so late!" Quin ran down the street, clutching desperately onto the strap of her backpack and her take-away coffee cup

"Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! I am so late!" Quin ran down the street, clutching desperately onto the strap of her backpack and her take-away coffee cup. As usual, the twins had been a nightmare to wake and get ready for school that morning, leaving Quin with no choice but to run to her work as fast as possible, weaving in between the dense crowds of people in the morning hours of Seoul , just like she's had to do every other day this week. 

"Watch where you're going!" A rather large man that she had accidentally bumped into growled at her, only encouraging Quin to run faster.

"Sorry!" She yelled back, in hopes that he wasn't to annoyed at her. 

As she was apologising to the stranger, she ran straight into another one, resulting in her falling back onto the hard gravel,  two  empty coffee cups lying next to her.

"Shit! That burns!" Quin swiftly looked up to see the rather tall, fit stranger looming over her, wearing Timberlands, baggy jeans, a face mask and cap which covered the majority of his face; and, of course, a mixture of his and her coffee, which was now staining the front of his shirt. 

Quin quickly jumped to her feet. "Oh my god! I am so sorry!" She pulled a packet of tissues out her bag and attempted at dabbing at the large stain, only to make it worse. 

The stranger gently batted her hand away. "Just leave it." He sighed and was about to walk off.

Feeling incredibly guilty for potentially, severely burning this harmless stranger, Quin quickly turned and grabbed the sleeve of his shirt, saying the first thing that came to her head. "There's a clothes shop nearby here. Let me buy you a new shirt please? And a coffee?"

"Seriously?" The stranger asked incredulously, clearly shocked by her offer. 

Quin nodded, whilst nervously fidgeting with her fingers. "It's the least I can do, after I spilled my coffee on you, as well as making you spill your own all over yourself, which probably really, really hurts and has definitely ruined your shirt, and if you don't take that off soon you'll probably make the burn worse, you also look pretty ridiculous, which is entirely my fault, I'm so sorry-!"

The stranger lightly grabbed her arms to keep her still, making her look straight into his eyes, the only part of his face that wasn't covered by the large cap and face mask. She couldn't help but think that he had the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. "Okay, take a deep breath. No need to stress so much, I'm really not that bothered about it."

"But I feel really bad, can I please make it up to you?" Quin pouted.

The stranger stared at her for a long moment. "How far away is this clothes store?"

Quin couldn't stop the large grin from spreading across her face. "It's just this way." She lead the stranger to the nearest clothes store, her need to get to work long forgotten.

***

They were now sat comfortably in a local, cozy cafe, enjoying the warm beverages which Quin dutifully paid for, feeling significantly less guilty after replacing the strangers shirt and drink.