Chapter 5

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
We are in dad's truck right now heading to San Fransisco to get the hedgehog's rings back. "Alright there's gonna be rules on this trip. Number one,You do exactly what I say all the time got it?" Dad said. "Got it Donut Lord." The hedgehog says. "Will you stop calling me Donut Lord! I have a name. It's Tom and this is my daughter
(Y/n)" dad said as he introduced us.

"I'm Sonic." Sonic says. "Sonic?" I ask out loud. 'Not gonna lie that's a weird name' I think in my head. "Wait so you've been spying on us all for years?" I ask him. "Well I wouldn't call it spying. I was hanging out with you guys it's just that I wasn't invited and no one knew I was there." Sonic said. "I can't believe 'Crazy Carl' was right all this time." Dad sighed out.

"Yeah you should call him 'Super Observant Carl' instead." Sonic added. I then look over at Sonic and I get behind his seat stealthily. I then reach over as I poked him. "Huh what?" Sonic looked around. I just giggled. "You don't really look like a hedgehog. Hedgehogs are usually small and cute." I said as I get in between dad and him. He just gasped so offendedly. "How dare you I am cute!" He pouted.

"Yeah sure dude." I said. He just sat back in his seat and pouted. He then looked out the window and gasped. "Oh my god stop the car right now!" Sonic said excitedly. "Why?!" Dad exclaimed. "The worlds largest rubber band ball we gotta see it!" Sonic exclaimed. "No! This is not some fun family road trip!" Dad said looking over at Sonic. Sonic just gave him a smirk and he disappeared. Suddenly he came back. "Eh you were right it was lame. Gift shop was cool though. Look I got you a mousepad!" He exclaimed as he gave dad the mousepad. "When are we getting there?" He asked as he took out a paddle ball and began to play with it. "We get there when we get there." Dad said.

"Ugh this is lame. I can't do anything but look out the window or sleep." I complained. "Well I'm sorry (Y/n) but it's his fault for breaking into the garage." Dad said pointing to Sonic. "What?! No You're wrong. You shot me!!" Sonic exclaimed. "Ok ok I get it just shut up both of you." I said. I then sigh as I lean on my hand.
I got bored so I leaned over to my dad and Sonic. I look over to Sonic. He just stares back at me. I then reach over to boop his nose. "(Y/n) what are you doing?" Sonic asked. "Boop!" I said as I booped his nose.

"Wow. Really mature." Sonic said. "Hey ok first of all I'm going to be a cop so I'm very mature. So jokes on you." I said as I crossed my arms.  "And why do you want to be like Donut Lord?" Sonic asked. "Tom..." dad sighed out. "Well to be honest, I've always had a thing for saving lives. Back when I was little I would help baby animals in need then it went from baby animals to helping elderly people, and after that I began to help out in the community. So I really want to follow my dads steps into becoming a Police officer." I cheerful smile in the end. "Yup and you're gonna get there soon!" Dad says as he smiles at me and ruffles my hair. I giggle at his actions.

"Woah really? That's great! I wish I could become something, but I can't be seen by anyone so I never had the chance." Sonic says as he hangs his head down sadly. "Hey," I say as I reach over and put my hand on his shoulder. "Look Sonic, it's gonna take a while to get to San Fransisco. So don't think you don't have time to do what you've always wanted to do. I can help you feel what it's like to live on earth!" I exclaim. "Really?! You would do that for me?!" He perks up with hope and happiness in his eyes.

"Of course!" I say. I then get engulfed into a tight bear hug. "Thank you!Thank You! Thank You so much (Y/n)" Sonic exclaims. "No prob bob." I say as I hug back. Sonic then lets go as he smiles at me. "You know you're better than all those hedgehogs out there." I say. "And why's that?" Sonic asks. "Because I get to talk to a hedgehog right now." I said. "Hah! Told you I'm better than those guys." Sonic said as he put on a cocky smirk. "Well you sorta are small like them. I mean your barely reach my height." I said.

"Aww come on! Sure I may be small but it actually helps me cause I get to run fast since there's not to much body weight!" Sonic says proudly. "Sonic you weigh like a feather or a piece of paper. I've carried you before and you're so light!" I exclaimed as I laugh. "No I'm not!!" Sonic exclaims as he hides his now red face in his hands. I then laugh more as I fall behind on the back seats. "Alright guys calm down." Dad said. "Alright I'm gonna take a quick nap ok?" I say as i lay down on the seats. "Sweet dreams honey." Dad says as I slowly drift off into the darkness.