Rosewood (Part 2)

It's too late.

I can't escape now...

A ball slams into me, but I don't feel the pain following. In fact, I can't feel anything. All I see are his onyx eyes staring at me, everything else fading away. Another ball slams into me and they keep on coming. They don't stop.

Ace stands still in shock. Watching me.

No.

No no no no no no no.

I can feel bruises forming on my skin and dull thudding noises from the objects being thrown at me. But all I can see are his eyes.

They're the last thing I see before I close my own.

...

In my dream, this time I'm at a cafe, sitting on the terrace. Ace is sitting next to me, across the circular table with a delicate, lily white table cloth. Suddenly, the beautiful weather disappears and it starts growing dark and cold. "Ace?" I ask him. "Can we leave?"

He ignores me.

"Ace?" I ask. I'm shivering now. The temperature is dropping a degree or two a second.

He just watches me.

Soon, snow starts falling from the sky and frost starts forming on the metal chairs and ground. "Ace?" My teeth chatter loudly. "Can... w... I'm s...so c-c-cold."

He sits, unaffected. "Ace!" I shout. But he just ignores me.

I fall to the ground, numb, my thin summer dress covered in snow. Snowflakes fall into my hair at a quicker pace.

"H...help me." I whisper. I'm on my knees, begging.

Finally, he makes eye contact with me. It calms me down instantly, but my body is so numb, I don't even see the knife stuck in my side until it's too late. "W-w...why?" I ask him.

He leaves me on the ground, bleeding and cold, my tears frozen to my cheeks.

I wake up in the nurses' office with a concussion. PE is over and it's the end of the day. But I can't do anything but ruminate. 'Why didn't he save me?' Part of me thinks. It hurts when part of your soul is missing, because without your mate, you're incomplete.

I walk to my locker, bruised and torn. Aunt Rosa and I will probably have to leave now. There's nothing here for me anymore apart from him, and we can never be together.

But it gets worse.

Not only is he a demon, but he's a Darkmoon.

I can never have him. He's a forbidden fruit, my downfall, my poison. Darkmoons have been our rivals for centuries and absolutely hate us because of our past. We're both held back.

When I get to my locker, he's there.

Ace.

I'll never tire of hearing his name. He looks at me expectantly. "Hi." I say,
finally.

"Really? That's what you say? Wow." Ace says, rolling his emerald eyes.

"Sorry." I mutter. Well, someone's a bit salty.

"How long have you known?" He asks me as I open my locker. His arms are folded and he's leaning against the locker, his sleeves rolled up. "How long have I known what?" I ask, oblivious, getting out my coat.

"Cut the bullsh*t." He says angrily. "How long have you known I'm your soulmate?"

"Most of my life." I say truthfully.

He looks me up and down. "A seer, huh?" He asks me. "Not the worst, I guess."

"Gee thanks." I say sarcastically, slamming my locker shut. "What were you expecting? A f*cking unicorn?"

"I wouldn't go as far as bestiality." He says, angrily. "I have standards."

"Do you know what? I'm really happy that you didn't get mated a human, because you probably would've killed them for the sake of standards." I say, angrily.

"How would you know that, fortune teller?" He says with bitterness. I roll my eyes.

It takes two seconds for him to push me against the lockers and start kissing me. At first, I'm in shock, but then I start kissing back.

It's a vicious kiss, like we're battling for victory.

His lips are on mine and I'm losing all rational thoughts. I'm getting lost in the kiss. It feels so good but...

But I can't do this.

He'll break me.

I push him away, gulping for air. His eyes are completely black, no visible difference inbetween his irises and his pupils. It's actually kind of h-

Nope. I will not think those thoughts.

"I am not a fortune teller." I clarify solidly. "Also, what the heck Ace?" I ask him, the pitch of my voice rising. He stares into my eyes angrily. "Why did you push me away?" He says, his tone somewhat placid but you can see that he's troubled.

"Because," I say with my teeth gritted. "I need to breathe to survive. Capisci? Comprendre? Verstehen? ¿Entender?"

Ace rolls his eyes and runs his hand through his hair. "Show off." He mutters. I frown, tugging on my coat. "Where are you going?" He asks me.

"Home." I say angrily. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"Yes." He says truthfully.

"What do you want, Ace?"

"I want to know why." He begins speaking. "Why didn't you tell me? Why aren't you happy with me?"

"I didn't tell you because there was no point. You didn't even recognise me until today. Why would I be happy that you only want to be with me, not because you like me, but because of who I am?" I say honestly. His expression falters. "I didn't know." He says.

"Besides, I'm a Rosewood, Ace. It wouldn't work." I say.

"I don't care." He says. "I want to be with you."

My lips fall into an o shape. "How... You are a demon, right?" I ask him. He laughs, his voice melodic and beautiful. "It doesn't mean that I'm stupid." He says, rolling his eyes. "But how about it? You and me?"

"Hmmm..." I joke, watching him shuffle nervously. "It's not what I want to do but... I think I can clear up my schedule for tonight." His eyes light up straight away.

"Really?" He asks, grinning.

"Yeah. Really." I say. Ace puts his arm around my waist and we begin to walk out of the school together. "Too much?" He asks me.

"If I say no, you're still going to keep your hand on my *ss, right?" I ask.

"It's on your hip!" He complains.

"Really?" I ask. "Great, now I'm quoting you."

He laughs again, and it's definitely worth it to see him smile. Pulling me closer, his hand clasps on my side gently and I breathe in his scent. Tobacco and sandalwood cologne.

I don't think that I'll ever get tired of it.