1. Number

4 Years Ago

"Here is your whiskey on the rocks," Jiyoo said with her usual and casual waitress smile as she lowered the alcoholic glass down onto the table.
"Let me know if you need anything else."

"Actually, I do." One of the two men flirtatiously responded to her. "What does a man have to do to get a number from a beautiful girl like you?"

Jiyoo's smile falls flat.  Welp, here we go again...

She scanned the man and quickly found out there wasn't anything that's interesting about him. He, along with his other friend, seems to be some sort of businessmen in their early to mid-30s. Not the oldest that has hit on her since she started working at her uncle's prestigious sky lounge in Seoul a few weeks back, but still too old... considering she is still just a high school senior.

"I'm sorry, giving my number to customers is not in my job description."

"Well... then I hope this changes your mind." The guy smirked as he smoothly slides over the three of the one hundred dollar bill.

I mean... it could be in my job description...
Jiyoo stared at the tip, tempting to just put it in her pocket before feeling disappointed that she even thought of it.

"I'll be back when you need to order something else." She gave a forced friendly smile before ignoring the men's gesture and heading back to the bar.

"Damn, $300 and that dude still got rejected!" One of the guys belonging in a group of teenagers nearby said.

"If you're poor then just take it, no need to act almighty about it. What an arrogant b*tch." Hajin joined.

"Hm, now I really want to get her phone number." Bin smirked as he stared at the oblivious waitress up and down.

"Seriously?" Hayoung rolled her eyes at the ridiculous statement.
"What's wrong with your taste? She's not even that pretty. I'm prettier, right Taehyung?"

Taehyung remained silent as he sipped away his glass of the lounge's most expensive alcohol. His eyes bored into the girl who's busy running from table to table to even take notice.

"Of course you're prettier! It's just that when I see an arrogant girl, I just can't help but want to conquer." Bin replied instead.

"Aw, that reminds me of that college girl you dumped a while back. Poor girl mistakenly fell for a bastard like you and couldn't stop crying." Hajin stated, "I really hope she moved on already."

"Ahh, her." He laughed, seeming to be proud of himself.
"She was so high and mighty before so I didn't know she was gonna be that easy. "

"Anyway... how about this, I was thinking... whoever get her number first will get a new car from the losers?" Chaewon suggested.

"Sure!" Bin excitedly responds.

"Tsk, do you guys really think you can win against our lovely leader Taehyung?" Hajin mocked.

"Sorry, but Taehyung is just every girl's ideal type. He's rich, handsome, and charismatic... no girls can deny his charms." Hayoung said as she's shooting hearts from her eyes at Taehyung.

"Haha... of course, how could we forget!" The two guys nervously chuckled.
"No one can deny our leader's charms."

"Hey!" Hayoung frowned as she picked herself up from her seat and move onto Taehyung's lap. "Why are you keep looking at her? Don't tell me you like her, you can't!"

"Get up," Taehyung demanded her to remove herself from his lap in a low voice, obviously upset.

"Hm!" She pouted as she stomped back to her seat and crossed her arms.

"Hayoung-ah, don't reach for something so out of your league... it's okay, I'm still single you know." Bin winked to tease the irritated girl.

"In your dreams, Bin."

"Guys! You know what would be funny?" Chaewon suddenly laughs by himself.
"If that girl rejected our leader hahaha! I can see it happen and that's so emba...ra..."

Chaewon stopped laughing and cleared his throat when his eyes accidentally landed on Taehyung's glaring gaze.

"Of course... that's never going to happen though." Chaewon tried to save himself.

"Obviously you dumb ass! It's not hard for Taehyung to get a girl's number, even if they're b*tchy like her."

"...getting that a number from a girl like her?" Taehyung finally speaks up.
"Isn't that too easy?"

A/n:

Late to the game but I finally leaned how to put gifs in the media 😚
Also, wasn't planning to post early but I'm a bit impulsive.