Jack torrance x reader (part 4)

You have to admit though...that picture does not look bad

It was a few days later that you had heard of the snow storm was right about it's coming. The snow was about to your knees at the moment and thick too. So much so that the phonelines gave up, and the only way to comunicate with the outside world was via a radio that Wendy ocupied most of the time. You didn't blame her though, Mr Torrance seemed to hate her more by the day. The blood boiled in him when ever her would just see her, let alone hear her. He was very agressive towards her but extreemly gentle to you. You weren't fully sure what has happened to the Torrance. Hell, you would even catch him stumbling aimlessly through the halls of the hotel...As if he was just...searching for something.

It was this time that you were searching for him in the halls. You've heard some loud male screaming and it felt like it was him. You've met up with his wife Wendy in the halls. "You heard it too right? I'm not loosing it?" She asked as she exhaled sharply, from running so much. "Yeah, you think it was your husband?" You asked quickly, worried as you began speedwalking to the foyer again.
"It sure sounded like him" she followed you.
You soon reached the big foyer and saw Mr Torrance sitting down next to his chair on the floor. You stayed up on the stairs while Wendy rushed to him.
"Honey? Dear what happened?" She started checking him, visibly worried.
"I've... I've had a nightmare...a very bad nightmare." Mr Torrance said as he breathed in and out agressively.
"I dreamt that I... I killed you all.   "
Of course those words made you jump back to your very own nightmares. Where a tall black figure slashed at you as beautiful music played in the backround and chandeliers hung above. Your thoughts were imidiately cut by little Danny quickly sprinting by you, mumbling something. The only thing you could catch was "2... Red..." And that was all. He imidiately ran to his mother and hugged her heavily. You took a few Steps down to see what's really up. "Honey are you...Danny where..." Wendy's eyes went even wider than usual and she took a horrifying look the her husband. She grabbed Danny off the floor and took a bunch of steps back. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" Wendy yelled agressively at Mr Torrance who was just now getting back into his chair. You... didn't understand. So didn't the father. He was confusedly looking at his wife and child, as if he just stabbed them. Wendy started quickly leaving, going up the stairs by you. "Danny has a new bruise on his neck I don't trust Jack. Neighter should you." That was the only thing she said before quickly running away, most likely into their room. Mr Torrance sat angry in his chair just for a moment. He got up and began speedwalking next to the staircase, just quickly giving you a surprisingly kind stare. He went into the little hallway that was next to the stairs. What were you supposed to do now? Go help Wendy with Danny or...see what's up with Jack... You stood there, thinking for a moment. But then decided to follow him, instead of them.

As you slowly followed Mr Torrance, who was walking at the end of the hallway, good 16 meters away from you, you couldn't help but feel that he had been wrongly acused. Sure, Wendy had a very good point with the all "he dislocated his son's arm" and the nightmare of killing you all but... I dunno he wouldn't do that would he?
Mr Torrance took a sharp turn to the right, with you quietly following. You entered an even bigger foyer. It was pretty much the size of a ballroom. Like we're talking tables, second floor, fancy chandeliers and even little bar that Jack sat himself at. You waited in the doorway, looking around the room. You didn't wanna disturb Torrance untill he notices or tells you something.

To your surprise, Mr Torrance did start talking. "God...I'd sell my soul for a beer" he said as he covered his face with his hands. As soon as he uncovered them he sat still. As if he saw a...a ghost or something. You almost wanted to ask if he's okay but he just... Started talking again. "Loy you say? Give me something...anything really." He said. But to...who? There was noone exept you and him. You aproached just slightly, seeing that Mr Torrance was holding a glass. Where did a damn glass come from? The bar was compleetly empty of any booze. The glass had a bit of Bourbon in it, just sort of leaning on the sides. You should probably talk...
"You know... Loy, my wife is a fuckin' bitch. I hurt our son one fuckin' time and that sperm bank starts quacking about how I did it again. But I didn't! I fuckin' didn't!" Okay, that was it. You walked to his side, leaned a bit to the right to actualy be able to see in his face. "Mr Torrance are you alright?"
He turned to you with a pissed expression which softened quickly. "Ah, (Y/n)! My favorite person to talk to! Come, sit down with me" You hesitated for a while, before actualy sitting down next to him. He may have been drunk and halucinated but... He was acting nice to you so far. "Tell me love, you think I hurt Danny?" He took a sip of his Bourbon while his eyes were riding all over you. "Well... you've just been in the foyer right? I don't...I don't think you did it" you said nervously. "Ha! See Loy? I didn't do it. You have a beautiful witness" she half shouted at the shelves on the bar.
"Mr Torrance...who are you talking to?" You asked, laughing just a tiny bit.
"Whaddja mean who am I talking to? That's Loy, the bartender." He turned to you with a confused expression. You stared at him back, expecting him to say that he's joking or laugh. None of it came. "Do you drink (Y/n)?" He asked quietly after a while. "Well...a weaker beer wouldn't hurt me if I had it" you joked slightly. "Loy, for the lady" he gestured to you as he spoke to the shelves.
Soon after he said so, you felt a slight movement in your hand, when you looked down, a glass of beer was there. You looked down at it in amazement. This is eighter a magic bar or there's a gas leak in the hotel. As soon as you looked back up, you saw a man in a black-red suit, standing behind the bar, cleaning a glass with a bunch of random bottles of alcohol behind him. 'How...what...' you furrowed your eyebrows. "A-am I hallucinating? Is this real?" You asked, squeezing the glass in your hand.
"As real as you and me hon" Mr Torrance said, motioning to his glass as Loy poured him another. You two sat there just drinking calmly, throwing a few words at each other here and there.
"You know (Y/n)...I like you. I like you not just as a babysitter for Danny but I like you as a...a family member. You know I actualy think that if I wouldn't be married to that...bitch... I would've gotten you" he said calmly as if it was nothing. But to you? Oh boy to you it meant a lot. So much so that you have succesfuly spat your drink through your nose which made you and him laugh. "God, are you okay?" He asked through the laughs. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine I just didn't expect you to say that" you laughed with him.

"Jack! Jack!" Your laughs were stopped by Wendy's yells as she ran into the foyer. "D-danny said that the bruise came from a woman in room 237!" She quickly exhaled and inhaled as she stutterly said those words. Mr Torrance seemed unhappy to see her. Well, quite obviously...
"Fine. I'll go check. You go to Danny." He said to her coldly. Wendy walked off slowly as her husband got up, gave you a quick wink and went after her swiftly.

You now sat at the bar, hand empty, cheeks kinda blushy.

1441 words
Phew! This chapter is a little longer than usual ^^ Hope you Torrance lovers enjoy it!