The Average Joe

Hello, My name is Joe, Sam, Tom, David, or some other name that pops up frequently.
Yes guys, I am that guy , the guy who is almost everywhere.
But I am not the main character, I am just the dude who gets in an accident, or works in a coffee shop, or who waits your table at a restaurant...think about it, you know I am almost everywhere.
Sometimes, I feel like I am the guy that makes things happen, the one who starts the conflict and the get the story going.
However, the focus is not on me, it's always on those main character.....I am just... there.
It's like they take my presence for granted...how would their story happen, if their coffee was bad, or if the restaurant they went to had no waiters huh...they would know my importance then.
But that's never going to happen. Because no matter how insignificant I am, they need me right? I start the snowball effect, right?
Aren't I the one who takes the punch from the jealous male character, and that's how you know he loves her. I make you realize things, but I never get my story.
Sorry for whining, but sometimes I feel that if I didn't exist, nobody will miss me, nobody would realize I was gone in the first place.
*Sigh* I will never get my story.
I will always be the one that crosses the road, that random doctor, the random dude that hits on the female lead, and the ever so random costumer if a shop.
I will always be in the background.