PART- IX

A super long update...Have fun!

Continued From The Last Part:

A Week Later:

Khushi felt like this was the longest week of her life. The wait for her husband felt never-ending. "Where is he? He said he would be back in less than a week. It is past ten days since he left" 

Khushi was fraught with anxiety. 

There were no more confrontations after the one that had happened the previous week. 

Khushi still worked in the kitchen but she hadn't come in front of the family at all during meal times. 

Manorama blabbered a couple of nasty comments, though not in Arvind's presence. The Jha siblings and Anjali displayed the most hatred for her.

"Don't worry Sheetal", Anjali had commented a couple of days back, looking at Khushi, "Soon as Chote comes back, he will toss her away"

Shyam and Jatin were very unhappy, furious in fact about the whole ordeal. Their plan was a flop show. Shyam was also dead nervous; he wasn't quite sure if things would play his way once Arnav was back. 

Khushi knew the family were due for a big clash after Arnav's return, but she was also scared of the outcome. "What would Arnav say? Will he accept me in front of everyone? Or will he bend before his mom? Will he stand up against her for my sake? Even if he does, what is the relationship he can claim between us?"

Khushi couldn't sleep properly. She was worn out and distressed.

It was like everything had frozen in time.  Everyone held themselves. It seemed like everybody was waiting for Arnav.

Jatin was hoping to have a chance with Khushi if she was disgraced and sent out of the house. His plans having gone down the drain, he was getting increasingly desperate for her with every passing second. 

One night Khushi was the last one in the kitchen; she was about to switch the lights off and retreat to her quarters, when Jatin accosted her.

"You are lucky, aren't you?" he sniggered

Khushi gasped at the sudden voice behind her.

"If Arvind uncle had not come on time, you would be on the streets by now..." he leered at her, "...or in my arms"