04.

[ chapter four ]

"HOW CAN I possibly be the key to getting out of here?" I asked Kai for the millionth time as we walk towards the woods

"HOW CAN I possibly be the key to getting out of here?" I asked Kai for the millionth time as we walk towards the woods. He still didn't answer me. "Hello?"

Kai let out an aggravated sigh. "I don't know yet." He admitted as he kept walking.

I stopped dead in my tracks, "Don't know yet?" Kai looked back at me and saw I wasn't moving, he also came to a halt. "You don't have a plan?" I asked.

"There has to be some loop hole." He said. "I mean this prison world was created by two four year olds. A witch and a heretic have to be able to break it some how."

"This sounds like a really half baked plan,"

"I'd like to see you come up with a better one," He said as he began to start walking further ahead of me.

"What if my magic can't help us get out of here?" I asked, trying to catch up to him.

"Then we'll find another way," he answered looking around.

"What if there is no other way?"

Kai turned around to face me, causing us both to stop walking once again, "Look negative Nancy do you want control?" He raised his eyebrow and I nodded. "Then have a little faith."

"I just don't want to get my hopes up," I said. "I'm tired of being faced with the disappointment."

"As you previously learned, this isn't my first rodeo." Kai said, turning back around and continuing to walk. "I think I can manage to escape a third time."

How could this guy be so sure of himself? He'd been trapped in that bar for two years. There's no way he could've planned his great escape while he was suffering from the lack of blood for him to drink.

It started to feel like we were walking in circles. Every tree looked the same. I listened as Kai mumbled to himself, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I narrowed it down to two options. He's either crazy or he's chanting or something like that. My moneys on the first half.

"So Melissa," Kai finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"It's Alyssa," I corrected.

"Whatever," He sighed, shaking his head. "To understand your magical predicament, I need to know your past. Tell me about your coven."

"I don't have a coven."

Kai looked at me confused, "How do you not have a coven?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "It's more like, I technically don't have a coven. My parents fled from my coven when my older brother was a baby. It had something to do with wanting to keep me and my siblings safe. I never learned the whole story."

"How many siblings do you have?" Kai asked. He didn't look at me when we talked, making me wonder if he was even interested in what I had to say.

"I had five."