Prologue

Flora abruptly awoke to the sounds of yelling, swords and screaming. She didn't think twice before quickly changing into something and running outside.

Sahem was in ruins. The flowers which made Sahem unique were ruined and knights were fighting, who could only be, Ryker's army. People were being dragged around, kids being separated from their parents. It was frightening.

Someone grabbed her shoulder roughly. Flora turned around frightened, it was one of Ryker's warriors. "You're coming with me princess."

"No!" Flora yelled and punched him in the stomach. The warrior stumbled back, which allowed Flora to run. As she ran away she saw her father, King Ivan of Sahem, fighting.

"Flora!" Flora turned to the sound of the voice. It was her mother's, Queen Catherine of Sahem.

"We need to go," The Queen of Sahem's eyes were wide open and fear flashed in them. "I can't leave," Flora told her.

Suddenly she heard a sickening sound. Turning her head slightly she saw her father on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding him. Umbala, the leader of Ryker's army, stood over him triumphantly.

Flora let out a squeal of terror. Her father was dead and so were others. This time Flora followed the Queen's orders and ran to her. Queen Catherine led her around the back of the castle, hoping no one saw.

Flora felt faint. She felt like all energy had drained from her body. Flora had witnessed the death of her own father, the king.

Queen Catherine's brown eyes stared at Flora, "My daughter..." She began, "You must leave for the sake of Sahem."
Flora's eyes welled up with tears, "B-but I can't leave Sahem."

"Sahem is gone Flora," Queen Catherine said,
"Go to Astoria."

"What?" Flora asked.
"Astoria will take you in. You must be one of them to survive."
"I can't. I'm the princess of Sahem."

Screams of terror could be heard and Flora felt a shiver down her spine. "Sahem is no more," Queen Catherine simply stated.

"What if someone recognises me?" Flora felt the tears run down her face.
"That won't happen my dear," Queen Catherine took Flora into a hug, "You are the forgotten princess. Now you must go."

Queen Catherine and Flora took a step back from each other. "Aren't you coming?" Flora didn't want her mother to leave. She lost her father already, she had no other siblings.

"I can't," Queen Catherine stared at Flora with sympathy.

More tears steamed down Flora's face. "No! You must come!"

"Go Flora. Go to Astoria. Save yourself from Ryker's reign of terror, my forgotten princess."

Dang the king is already dead. Keep reading to find out more of Flora's journey. 

Ugh the picture for the cover isn't loading. >.<