Chapter 7

Both Arc and Flora were in shock at meeting each other in the Princess' room. They remained frozen until Arc walked up to her with narrowed eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded. "Trying to steal from the Princess?"

Flora came out of her shock and gave an offended scoff. "Why would I try to steal from the Princess?"

"When you joined Pheonix Squad, I realised I've never seen you in Astoria."

"Wow, so you remember everyone you see?"

"No. But I know a stranger when I see one."

"What does that even mean? Actually, wait... Why are you in the Princess' room?"

Flora questioned Arc while he seemed to stumble for words.

Flora raised an eyebrow and taunted, "what, you got a creepy crush on her?"

"I'll have you know that I don't come into the Princess' room because I have a 'creepy crush' on her," Arc spat indignantly.

Flora and Arc seemed to stare each other down. She didn't even know what got into her. Arc accused her of stealing, her reaction was to question him as well. Flora understood that she looked like she was stealing from the Princess. But didn't he see the duster that was just in her hand?

"Look," Flora sighed, "I'm not stealing from the Princess. I would never do that."

"How can I be sure? You had your face shoved in her tiaras." Arc was still sceptical of her.

Flora was about to answer when the door swung open. There was Princess Angelica with wide eyes and a worried expression.

The room fell silent as Angelica looked between the pair. Then she started laughing. Flora became surprised at her reaction.

"Princess..?" Arc asked hesitantly.

"S-sorry," Angelica apologised while laughing. "Oh, this is just too good. I knew it would happen but-" She broke off into more laughter.

Flora spoke this time, "You knew what would happen?"

It took a few moments for Angelica to calm down and stop laughing. "That you would both meet here."

That's when it hit Flora. She remembered first coming into Astoria, seeing Arc and Princess Angelica talking to each other like good friends. Arc had just come into the Princess' room like he did it daily. He was also being quite protective of her and her possessions. So Flora settled on the only logical option in her mind.

"Are you guys together?"

Arc seemed to choke on air while Angelica had wide eyes. "Uh what?"

"I asked if you guys were together..." She said hestitanly, "it would explain why Arc is here."

Arc wildly shook his head, "oh no no. We aren't together."

"Oh sorry..?" She internally face palmed. He was being protective of her because she's the Princess.

It still didn't quite explain why Arc was in her room in the first place.

Angelica gave the confused Flora a smile, "it's all right. The whole kingdom probably thinks we're together."

Flora heard a small, "they do?" from Arc before Angelica continued.

"He knows my secret. That's why he comes into my room." Angelica turned to look a Arc, "you still need to remember you can't just bust into my room whenever."

Arc sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, "yeah sorry about that. Does Flora know your secret?"

"Yeah. I know hers and she knows mine," Flora said.

Arc's eyes narrowed when Flora clamped a hand over her mouth. She was not meant to mention her secret.

Angelica however rolled her eyes, "both you guys have secrets I know, okay?"

Both Flora and Arc turned to Angelica who continued to speak. "Yeah I said that. It'd be easier if you explain your origins to each other. They're both quite similar."

"How can you be sure she won't tell anyone else?" Arc asked, still not fully trusting Flora.

"For the love of everything Arc! You're both not dragonbloods." 

Arc seemed surprised at Angelica's outburst but looked to Flora. Flora saw his eyes soften.

Angelica sighed, "just tell Flora, Arc."

"Fine," Arc grumbled. "I was born in Seagate. Yes, we were thieves but everything was good there. Until Ryker showed up. Ryker destroyed Seagate and took over. I managed to run away and come to Astoria. I joined Knight School to fight Ryker and save Seagate and my family."

We're so similar. Flora saw the tears form in his eyes before he blinked them away. Angelica smiled, "Flora?"

Flora nodded. "I'm actually from Sahem. And well... I'm the Princess."

Arc's eyes widened in shock, his mind going back to what had happened at the Tasty Trunk not long ago.

"I ran away because well... You know Ryker's army attacked Sahem. Umbala killed my dad in front of me and my mum told me to leave. I came here and I joined Knight School to one day take back my kingdom. I've also been staying here in the castle."

"I didn't know. Sorry for what happened at the Tasty Trunk the other day. Now I realise why you ran off."

Flora smiled and nodded, "thanks."

Angelica clapped her hands together, startling the pair. "Okay. Now that we have that sorted, Arc why did you come?"

"Well training's starting soon. Probably now," Arc replied.

"We better get going then," Angelica said, "Sir Gareth does not like to be kept waiting."

Angelica pressed her ring, turning into Ciara in a flurry of sparkles. She turned to Flora, "ready for your first official day on the Pheonix Squad?"

Flora pushed her worries and doubts aside. She could do this. She now had another person helping keep her secret. Just well helping her. She would take back her kingdom. 

Everything's going to be all fine. I've got this.

Flora grinned, "yup!"

Sorry for the wait guys! I suck at updating.

I seem to be updating once or twice a month now. So that may end up being my updating schedule now.

School's almost done. Only three more days. So hopefully I'll be able to update more over the Christmas holidays.

It could go either way though. We haven't planned anything for Christmas yet, so I could be staying home or visiting relatives.

Anyways, keep an eye out for my slow updates!

6/12/20