(1.0) Edward Richtofen X Corrupted! Reader

Character is Female.

Warning: Thought corruption/Schizophrenia

*(S/T) = Short/Tall

**This story may resemble to the plot of (2.0) Tank Dempsey X Depressed! Reader, as this was written before that story was published.

Der Riese – October 1945

"What the hell just happened? Everyone okay?" Dempsey asked as the group stood on the landing pad, feeling nauseated. (Y/N) and the four men had just returned from the Rising Sun Facility a few moments ago, via teleportation.

"Ugh, I feel like I will throw up." Nikolai warned as he felt bile rising up in his throat.

"A mere side effect, Russian." Richtofen assured the Soviet as he spilled the contents of his stomach onto the ground. "Everyzhing is normal."

(Y/N) recovered rather quickly from the turbulent ride through time and space, but she couldn't help but notice that there was something a bit off about herself.

'They hate you. You're useless to them.'

'Don't trust them, they're plotting against you.'

'Find the path to Agartha.'

'Take your gun and kill them all!'

She began hearing voices in her head. The girl had problems with her anxiety, making her mind race at night with negative thoughts, but never had she experienced auditory hallucinations.

'This could be just like Richtofen said to Nikolai, a side effect. It'll go away in a bit.' (Y/N) thought as she shook her head and observed her surroundings. Once again, the facility was infested by the undead. Thankfully, the zombies didn't notice the group's presence yet.

"Oh, fuck." (Y/N) muttered loud enough to catch the attention of a certain American.

"What's wrong, doll-face?" Asked Dempsey as he walked towards the girl, seeing the dread in her (E/C) eyes. He looked around and saw the zombie hordes wandering around the courtyard. He reloaded his M1 Garand and proceeded to fire a few rounds at them, bringing the attention of the other group members and the living dead to him.

As bullets started spraying out of the men's guns, hitting the undead in their torsos, the voices in (Y/N)'s head had gotten louder.

'Shoot the filthy corpses! Watch their flesh peel away from their bones and blood pour out of their limbs!' The voices yelled at the (S/T) female.

(Y/N) tried her hardest to ignore her racing thoughts as she began firing her Thompson towards them. For some unknown reason, she was now craving to see more of the scarlet fluid seep out of their rotting corpses. She laughed maniacally as the undead fell again, to their deaths.

––––––––––

After for what seemed to be many hours of fighting, the zombies finally died down. Takeo managed to create a crawler and tied it to a pole with some rope he had found around the facility. The team would finally be able to get a good night's rest.

The men and woman were all sitting near the fire pit in the Furnace Room, the warmth of the fire enveloping them like a fuzzy blanket. Nikolai was asleep in a corner, holding his bottle of vodka in a protective manner. Richtofen was reading his journal that had been retrieved from Shi No Numa. Takeo was polishing his katana, Dempsey was blankly staring at the fire while drinking from a bottle of Juggernog, while (Y/N) was counting her ammunition. Everything was calm in their surroundings, but the ruckus happening inside (Y/N)'s mind was a different story.